Resolume Avenue 3 released

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
Luminescent drive
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Resolume Avenue 3 released

Post by Luminescent drive »

Hello guys!

I appreciate your work very much! It is good you keep working hard.

I have a few things to say and ask.
I agree that the midi control mapping for each layer is quite chaotic. The way how it works in R2 is easy, simple and effective. The fact I like on R2 is its simplicity and speed in terms of interface.

There are some weird bug on the layer opacity.. When I fade it down, the video still remain on the output. I think it does only when using lumakey and chromakey.. but Im not sure.

Tunnel effect is not working...

And the last thing is about DVX codec. I cant encode videos. The encoder is not appearing in my system. Is it possible that its the matter of not supported GPU.. I've got nVidia M8400 GS.

Thanks!

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Luminescent drive wrote:I agree that the midi control mapping for each layer is quite chaotic.
Yes we agree on this too, we are working on it.
Luminescent drive wrote:There are some weird bug on the layer opacity.. When I fade it down, the video still remain on the output. I think it does only when using lumakey and chromakey.. but Im not sure.
I have just tried all mixers just to be sure and I found that Wipe Down shows a 1 pixel line when mixed all the way down but I have not found any other problem. Let us know when you can reproduce it.
Luminescent drive wrote:Tunnel effect is not working...
Confirmed
Luminescent drive wrote:And the last thing is about DVX codec. I cant encode videos. The encoder is not appearing in my system.
Did you install Quicktime in a different location than it's default?

On PC this file: DXVWindows.qtx
Should be in this folder: Program Files/QuickTime/QTSystem/

On Mac this file: DXVCodec.component
Should be in this folder: /Library/QuickTime/

craftycurate
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Limited options on layer transport?

Post by craftycurate »

Unless I've missed something, are the layer transport options more limited than in R2.41?

I can't seem to apply FFT to layer transport, or playback position?
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB

Luminescent drive

I've attached screencapture with the bug... Layer 3 opacity is down.. so the layer should appear as off.

With the DVX codec.. yes.. I found it in program files... but its not possible to start the encoder from there.. strange.. What I am expecting is to edit a clip in premiere pro.. export.. and find a DVX codec in exprort option of premier pro.

Thanks guys!
Attachments
bug3.JPG
bug3.JPG (90.18 KiB) Viewed 16044 times

craftycurate

Post by craftycurate »

Luminescent drive wrote:I've attached screencapture with the bug... Layer 3 opacity is down.. so the layer should appear as off.

With the DVX codec.. yes.. I found it in program files... but its not possible to start the encoder from there.. strange.. What I am expecting is to edit a clip in premiere pro.. export.. and find a DVX codec in exprort option of premier pro.

Thanks guys!
Make sure DXV codec is installed in default location (see earlier in this thread I think)

craftycurate

BUG: Some Application Key Map "Deck" Keystrokes not working

Post by craftycurate »

Some "Application Key Mapping" assignments do not work in "Deck" mode.

I have assigned F5 through F12 to open Decks 1 through 7, but the keystrokes do not work.
All other keystrokes assigned in this mode do work

If I assign the same keystrokes in "Layer" mode under Application Key Mapping, they do work.

craftycurate

BUG: Clip Properties shows wrong clip on layer select

Post by craftycurate »

On activating a layer, the currently active clip is highlighted correctly only if the playing clip is in the currently displayed deck.

However, if the clip is in any other deck, Clip Properties does not display the playing clip, but instead the clip from the active deck which resides in the same cell position as the playing clip.

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks
Richard

craftycurate

BUG: Clip Properties do not affect clip until clip is clicke

Post by craftycurate »

A bit hard to explain this one ...

1. Click a layer - this will update clip properties with the playing clip on that layer.
2. Alter any of the clip properties - but the clip properties are not affected.
3. This is solved by clicking on the clip itself, which negates the benefit of the whole layer select functionality.

UPDATE: Only happens with the topmost layer. The other two layers work fine.

Thanks
Richard

wuzzle
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by wuzzle »

Luminescent drive wrote:I've attached screencapture with the bug... Layer 3 opacity is down.. so the layer should appear as off.

Thanks guys!
This is fairly obvious, but just noting to be sure. you choose Quicktime, then the DVX codec. It won't show under AVI settings.
VJ Wuzzle
Shakti Collective - Toronto, Canada

Luminescent drive

wuzzle wrote:
This is fairly obvious, but just noting to be sure. you choose Quicktime, then the DVX codec. It won't show under AVI settings.
Well... yes.. it is obvious... I am choosing quicktime! sure.. but still the dxv codec is nowhere.. I've tried almost everything.. I think Im lost :P