Java / Processing integration?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Java / Processing integration?

Post by mfo »

Hey Guys

As we see such a thriving scene around Processing, it would be stunning to be able to play processing sketches == java applets inside Resolume!

I'm not well informed about Java plugins, but I see those on all platforms and in many different applications.
Did you ever think about integrating the JavaVM in Resolume? From my "naive" point of view it shouldn't be harder than flash or QC - but open up a super-huge space of possibilities.

Best,
Marcel // MFO

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Java / Processing integration?

Post by Joris »

Hey Marcel

We would love to implement Processing into Resolume. Unfortunately the fact is that languages/environments like Flash and QC have a set protocol that allows other apps to interface with them (usually referred to as an API). Processing lacks this, and so it is not feasible to implement support for it at the time being.

Joris

mfo

Post by mfo »

Ah, what a pity. I was hoping that for java too an easy way of implementation would exist. Really a pity.
Thanks for your nvestigation and your response!

PixShake
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by PixShake »

Sorry, old post.

But are there any improvements implementing Processing into Resolume?

Are there Windows alternatives?

Steph

francoe

Post by francoe »

I can't undestand, why not.
Can't we pass the texture data and render it in R? Like a wrapper?
I mean, we can render processing sketches in max/msp, matlab, even render frames in octane or povray.
Actually, some of us are capturing the processing screen and plugin it to R like a source. That's a kind of poor mans wrapper.
I will search a little bit more, we need to find a better way (like with OF).

fruitygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by fruitygreen »

francoe wrote:I can't undestand, why not.
Can't we pass the texture data and render it in R? Like a wrapper?
I mean, we can render processing sketches in max/msp, matlab, even render frames in octane or povray.
Actually, some of us are capturing the processing screen and plugin it to R like a source. That's a kind of poor mans wrapper.
In MAC Os environment there is Syphon. Processing syphon server has been implemented, (in Beta).

Haven't found a Windows compatible. Wish there was, cause the whole thing about screen capture to virtual video source is kinda complex. Although it works.