issues with masks/crops

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vjsmad
Is taking Resolume on a second date

issues with masks/crops

Post by vjsmad »

i saw that for crop but CAN we have multi crop for a layer or a comp
? I didn't succeed actually
thanks

skulpture

Re: Resolume 4.1 Released!

Post by skulpture »

goto10 wrote:@Skulpture and VJSmad: if you want to see what is inside the mask, use a crop. Mask can be turned into crops and vice versa.
I had a look a this and it does help for simple shapes. I will try and explain what I was trying to do:

1 - I had mapped a 2 sided box using 1 layer and 2 slices
2- I decided I wanted to play a flat 2d image on the back wall behind behind the box...
3- So I knew I needed to mask out the 3d box... to tell this new layer not to project on the box but just the wall behind it...
4- So I made the mask (using a two masks and resizing them, etc) As you can not add bezier points to masks (add/remove, etc)
5- But now it blocks out the original 3 slices as I created in step 1.

I basically only want the masks to apply to the one layer (layer 2 in my case) I am new to this software so I will happily eat my words if there is way to do this. I am presuming I need an 'invert' mask so that once i've created the mask the layer only shows the outside not the inside as @VJSmad suggests.

p.s -> Im not complaining by any means; I am loving the 4.1 release! ;) :D

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: issues with masks/crops

Post by Joris »

A couple of pointers:

You can rearrange the rendering order of slices and masks by dragging them. In your case, Skulpture you place the background slice on the bottom, then place a mask over it to mask out the area where your object is, then place the slice(s) with the warped content on top. Does that help?
4- So I made the mask (using a two masks and resizing them, etc) As you can not add bezier points to masks (add/remove, etc)
Double click on the line to add a point, or double click a point to remove it. This info is both in the video and the manual, btw.
I am presuming I need an 'invert' mask
I'm sorry, but for all intents and purposes, 'invert mask' amounts to exactly the same as making it a crop. Unless I'm really misunderstanding you here?
i saw that for crop but CAN we have multi crop for a layer or a comp
Yes, you can, just press 'add crop' multiple times.

vjsmad

Post by vjsmad »

i m doing actually some output test .
i CAN associate a slice with a layer and apply several crop
but now I can associate another slice with another layer But
I can't make crops different from slice one
on that second slice . is it clear ?
to be very simple how can I make slice 1 with layer 1 and a specific crop
slice 2 with layer 2 and a specific crop and so on .
if I want to send a layer in the shape of a window
of a building for architecture mapping I need that I think.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Crops are global, so they will crop out all slices that are underneath them.

If you want to show only a part of a layer, you can use the input selection tab to only select the part that you want.