Linear OSC Controller for Resolume - Win and Mac

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Zoltán
Team Resolume

Linear OSC Controller for Resolume - Win and Mac

Post by Zoltán »

Linear OSC Controller for Resolume Arena/Avenue 4/5/6 for use with mainly linear (timeline like) shows.

Main features:
  • Direct your shows with just by pushing Enter ... Or Space if you are used to that ;)
    SMPTE learn and scene (column) launch / trigger
    MTC learn and scene (column) launch / trigger
    Clip play log
    Remote control your Resolume Media Servers form anywhere on same Lan or even thru the internet.
    Quickly have your cues set up
    Failover backup connections for clients.
    Create timeline using Auto launch
    Auto launch Scene at time of day, with email notification
    Auto launch next Scene in set time or beats
    Auto launch next Scene on Clip end in given layer.
    Auto launch thru Decks
    Auto launch aid, to measures time(beats) between launches, record-apply automation editing.
    Automation range for easy and fast batch automations.
    Jump to scene/column/bookmark
    Colorize your important cues
    Pure Relay Mode to run Resolume instances in sync ( Master / Slave -s) from Resolume UI with customizable filters
    Relaunch feature
    Clip / composition collector integrated, to make full backup of your composition, looks for your advanced screen setup, and can collect the effect pluigns (fully functional without registration)
    connection monitoring to clients
    controllable via third party OSC app - TouchOsc template included
    controllable via Midi
    auto set transition time
    set Transition Blends for cues
    auto set bpm
    remote switch deck
    remote tap tempo
    remote play, pause, resync
    playback speed and BPM pitch bend
    control multiple remote clients
    works with presentation clicker (PageUp/PageDown), assign buttons, works in background.
    resizable UI
Download from: http://controller.palffyzoltan.hu
Demo will work for 8 minutes on each startup.
The program runs fully functional in demo mode.
Yes, even the Clip Collector.

You can use the automation feature to create interactive timeline behavior.

TouchOsc template:
for changelog see website.

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Zoltán on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:56, edited 61 times in total.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Linear OSC Controller for Resolume - Win and Mac

Post by Zoltán »

New in V2:
LTC / SMPTE cue launch syncronisation with SMPTE learn in Automation Aid
fully transferable offline license
rename scenes in app with mouse->right click on the scene text.
save composition with updated scene names
show bypassed scenes, so you can enable them on the fly.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Hey Ravensc, a couple of questions regarding V2:
  • How do you choose the SMPTE source?
    How do you trigger columns based on timecode?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Oaktown wrote:Hey Ravensc, a couple of questions regarding V2:
  • How do you choose the SMPTE source?
    How do you trigger columns based on timecode?
the source is the default system sound input,
you can use the automation aid function to grab the current timecode for a scene or you can place @LTC hh:mm:ss.ff@ in the scene name.
when you switch off the auto aid, you can choose to apply the learned, time/beats,/SMPTE LTC.

phpBB [video]

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Thank you Ravensc, I just tested SMPTE extensively yesterday and it works great. I saw that you released an update where one can select the SMPTE source so I'll give it a try later today.

A few questions regarding your controller:
  • - What's the new [W] in SMPTE?
    - What's the difference between scenes and columns? As far as I can tell, from the way the interface works, scene 4 would always be in column 4, correct?
    - Since the first layer can be set to ignore column trigger, is there any reason why your controller couldn't disassociate scenes and columns so that I can put commands in one clip that controls a different column?
    - Any chance to add a command to change transition time per layer (or group of layers) such as @T[sec] layer 3@?
    - Any chance to add a global command to give the user full access to OSC syntax such as @OSC /composition/video/scale/values 0.5@?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thank you Ravensc, I just tested SMPTE extensively yesterday and it works great. I saw that you released an update where one can select the SMPTE source so I'll give it a try later today.
great to hear that!
Oaktown wrote: A few questions regarding your controller:
  • - What's the new [W] in SMPTE?
The w button switches the waveform on/off, the wave was very useful for debugging, and I think it is useful for setting up the smpte input level, and also for checking the signal quality, so I left it in the release.
(Also disabling it saves a few percent CPU time.)
- What's the difference between scenes and columns? As far as I can tell, from the way the interface works, scene 4 would always be in column 4, correct?
not necessarily,
Basically a column is a scene, but you can have columns which have no clip or text in layer 1, so that column won't appear in the scene list, but you can use these columns for autopilot in Resolume for example, or as a scrapbook.
So you can have
- a test pattern in column 1 with no clip /name in layer 1 so it won't appear in the scene list, but it can be triggered in resolume.
- column 2 as the first scene 1
- then column 5 as scene 2.
and so on.

I often don't have any playing video or audio in layer 1, just an empty clip with text to name my column/scene, so if I want to exclude a column from the scene list I simple drag the text clip to the next empty column and save-reload.(faster than typing the Bypass control)
- Since the first layer can be set to ignore column trigger, is there any reason why your controller couldn't disassociate scenes and columns so that I can put commands in one clip that controls a different column?
What my program does is basically trigger columns sometimes based on automations so I don't have to count the seconds, and scroll in resolume to the right column fast. So the logic how the program is built is based on this simplicity, so I don't see an easy way to achieve what I think you are asking.
- Any chance to add a command to change transition time per layer (or group of layers) such as @T[sec] layer 3@?
- Any chance to add a global command to give the user full access to OSC syntax such as @OSC /composition/video/scale/values 0.5@?[/list]
These are the functions I automate in resolume, together with transitions times more than 10 seconds,
and these automated clip transitions I usually exclude from the scene list, with bypass(@B@) or keeping automation running (@kA@) so I can trigger them if needed, or simply not having anything in layer 1 clip/name.
Right now everything that happens is based on what's in the clip name in layer 1.
I wouldn't want to use a separate file to store the actions and commands for the scenes, the separate osc command(list) for example would require this, as storing any other data in the composition XML is discarded during the save in resolume.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Selectable SMPTE source works great! Thank you Ravensc.
Basically a column is a scene, but you can have columns which have no clip or text in layer 1, so that column won't appear in the scene list, but you can use these columns for autopilot in Resolume for example, or as a scrapbook.
So you can have
- a test pattern in column 1 with no clip /name in layer 1 so it won't appear in the scene list, but it can be triggered in resolume.
- column 2 as the first scene 1
- then column 5 as scene 2.
and so on.
Then I couldn't trigger Column 1 using your program unless there is some text in layer 1, correct?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Oaktown wrote:Selectable SMPTE source works great! Thank you Ravensc.
Then I couldn't trigger Column 1 using your program unless there is some text in layer 1, correct?
yes
attached is a compostition of a show I did yesterday, to give you an idea of how I use the program.
Attachments
singsing R5.avc.zip
(259.72 KiB) Downloaded 580 times