10x 1024x768 output with 2x Nvidia nvs 810

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Ladin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: 10x 1024x768 output with 2x Nvidia nvs 810

Post by Ladin »

Thank you Oaktown. I was just wondering, if it´s fast like a GTX 970, but if I look on specs, it´s almost same core like in GTX 750/ti. The first idea was using NVS 810 to extend display outputs. I already have GTX 970 and with NVS 810 - wow, 12 outputs, one for controlling, one for larger preview, 10 to outputs. Wonderfull!! With two GTX 970 iťs only 6..

But if there is a tricky setup in nvidia control panel (as wrote Joris), it´s a bad news.. Maybe with the newer drivers?

There should be one more interesting feature on NVS 810, that i like - somehow synced outputs. Maybe usefull feature, feeding large LED wall, or something like that..

I don´t want to buy the second GTX 970, or two 980 (ti) because in a few months there will be the next generation of NVidia cores - Pascal..

chefrany@gmail.com
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by chefrany@gmail.com »

First of all thanks for all your reactions about this topic it made alote clear to me.
I thkink i am going to get one GTX 980 with one NVS810, This way i can get 10 outputs for a low price.
I am aware of the fact that it will cost some performance to have 2 gpu's in one system but its the cheapest way to go ( i dont have alote to spend unfortunately )
Joris thanks for sharing your experience with this card and thanks for telling me what your setup is.

The only question i got left is: How and where can i disable the outputs of the NVS810 so that i can choose the GTX 980 as my main card for all the work load. I have never done this before maby that Joris can share his knowledge about this subject with me?

Again thanks to you all!

And i hope someone can help me with my last question about this topic :)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

When selecting Extended desktop mode in Windows screen configuration menu, you can also choose to 'Disconnect' a display. Doing this for all the NVS810 outputs then made the GTX available as a renderer for Resolume. Then we could reconnect the NVS outputs again, while Resolume continued to run on the GTX.

Disclaimer!

Officially, we only support running Resolume on a single GPU. We can guarantee Resolume will work with every output on a single GPU. If it doesn't, you can contact us. If your problem requires a technical fix from our side, we will make that happen.

Using multiple GPUs usually is fine. Using the two D600s in a MacPro works without problems, just like two GTX series cards together. But it's not officially supported. This means we cannot guarantee a two GPU setup will work for you, and we cannot commit to a fix if it doesn't. Of course, we'll give as much advice as we can, and the forum is also always very helpful. But if it really doesn't work for you, there's nothing we can do about it.

This is not meant to discourage you, I just want to be sure there are no misunderstandings :)

k__x@msn.com
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by k__x@msn.com »

hi
did you tryed one GTx with one NVs 810 ?

did it work well?

many thanks!

Digi
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Digi »

I'd get a 980ti gtx (or better) with a nvs 810 if they are going to be in the same machine.
Two 980's does nothing for you if you have a nvs as an option. My question is how bad does the fps get when you start connecting up displays to the nvs.

I'm curious if money wasn't a issue how running a 980ti or stronger out to a datapath VisionSC-DP2 capture card that supports over 4k x 4k resolutions in another system via display port then sending video out of a nvs 810 would do in terms of fps.

In theory this would get around the fps drop when sending data over pci to another device in the system but technicly doesn't make sense since that's what its doing once it arrives into the 2nd system.
[980ti] -- display port ---> [SC-DP2 capture card / nvs 810] -----> displays

Emodem
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Emodem »

Sorry for the noob question, but Oaktown, I've read this thread, and your last answer suggests that 2 GTX 970 or 980 can be combined and still work well with Resolume. Did I understand well ?
If it is the case, up to how many monitors (including my interface monitor) could I connect that would play 1080p without strain ? Could the GTX 970 do it or would I need 2 GTX 980?
Thank you in advance for any information (et bonjour à un compatriote ! :) )

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Emodem wrote:I've read this thread, and your last answer suggests that 2 GTX 970 or 980 can be combined and still work well with Resolume. Did I understand well ?
What I was saying in my post was that based on specs you will likely get better results having two GTX 980 than one NVS 810. Now that they've been released I would personally used the GTX1080 or 1070 instead unless you already own them.

Two cards can be combined for sure but there will be a performance hit because everything will be rendered on the main GPU (the one with your UI). I have limited experience with multiple GPU because that's not how I build my systems but you will find many threads in this forum of people getting it to work.
If it is the case, up to how many monitors (including my interface monitor) could I connect that would play 1080p without strain ?
That's not an easy question to answer because there are many factors involved such as size of your composition, number of clips, effects, etc... but two GTX 980/1080 would max out at 4 outputs each so 8 outputs total (1 UI and 7 outputs).
Thank you in advance for any information (et bonjour à un compatriote ! :) )
Salut a toi :)

Emodem

Post by Emodem »

Salut à toi, et désolé, je n'avais pas vu ta réponse (oublié d'activer la notification), d'où mon délai à te répondre à mon tour. Mille mercis pour ta réponse !

I'll switch to English now so that this thread doesn't get French-encrypted :)
I have limited experience with multiple GPU because that's not how I build my systems but you will find many threads in this forum of people getting it to work.
I hope this is not asking for the Coca-cola secret recipe, but to get my 7 (or 8) 1080 outputs, with approximately 256 clips, but no transparency, only effects on each clip and real time MIDI triggering , how would you design the system?

Thanks again! :)

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Pas de problèmes!

I'd get a GTX1080 (or 980) and 2 @ Datapath Fx4 run at 3840x2160 and split in quarters which would give me 8 @ 1920x1080 outputs + 1 UI and still have room for some expansion.

Emodem

Post by Emodem »

This time, I got the notif setting right :).
Thanks again for all the info, I'll look into it right away!
In any case, you still think that the NS 810 is a "fausse bonne idée", and too lightweight to handle this, right? (Wishful thinking...)