Resyncing videos

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Ladin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Resyncing videos

Post by Ladin »

Hi,

there is something strange..

Videoplayback of 3 videos in loop - one column (exactly same duration) in three layers..

Video in layer 1 is resynced after two or three cycles (starts when other two videos are at the end)..

Footages are in DXV 3 - in timeline mode.. Problem with slow hardware is not possible (quite powerfull machine).. Playing videos from ssd..

Pls help..

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Resyncing videos

Post by Oaktown »

Are you 100% sure that your three videos are exactly the same duration in frames?

Ladin

Post by Ladin »

Yes, I´m.. When I put them to the timeline in premiere, the duration is exactly same.. It is a render of huge video splitted into the three pcs..

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Ladin wrote:Yes, I´m.. When I put them to the timeline in premiere, the duration is exactly same.. It is a render of huge video splitted into the three pcs..
If its a massive file(6-8k) sometimes you need multiple drives if you split files and want things super snappy.

Also check the frame rate, just in case.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

First, I would make sure that the three videos are rendered at p30 rather than 23.98, 29.97 or 59.94.

A few more questions and things to look at:
  • - Have you tried to swap your videos in the layers to see if the same video starts lagging after a couple passes?
    - Does only one of your videos have audio (the one in layer 1 for instance) or do they all have audio? If only one of your videos has audio, then strip the audio to see if that solves your problem and if it does, then run your audio file separately.
    - Make sure your three videos are running in Timeline mode at Pitch=1.0
    - Make sure you don't have any beat snap engaged in any of the videos

drazkers

Post by drazkers »

Oaktown wrote:First, I would make sure that the three videos are rendered at p30 rather than 23.98, 29.97 or 59.94.

A few more questions and things to look at:
  • - Have you tried to swap your videos in the layers to see if the same video starts lagging after a couple passes?
    - Does only one of your videos have audio (the one in layer 1 for instance) or do they all have audio? If only one of your videos has audio, then strip the audio to see if that solves your problem and if it does, then run your audio file separately.
    - Make sure your three videos are running in Timeline mode at Pitch=1.0
    - Make sure you don't have any beat snap engaged in any of the videos
All these are great but if your in Europe render at 25 FPS or 50

Ladin

Post by Ladin »

So,

everything rendered in 30fps progressive.. Quicktime, DXV3 codec.. Without audio.
Timeline pitch 1.0.. No beatsnap..

It´s one animation splitted and exported to 3 1920x1080 videos, that are in 3 layers and sent to 3 outputs. Outputs connected directly to the processor.. Resolume fps is still about 60fps..

Yes, I´m in Europe, but whole chain (beamers, control monitor, processor) is in 60Hz. Arena server directly connected to Barco S3-4k..

I didn´t have time to play with that, so not tried to swap the videos in layers yet. But I bought much faster ssd, reinstalling system, and I´ll try it then..
Last edited by Ladin on Wed Dec 14, 2016 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

I am not quite following you.
Why the splitting if they are the same animation?
Unless you want to play different parts of it on each display, then there´s no need for a sync, why don´t you just use one single layer and 3 slices to place them to the different outputs?

Ladin

Post by Ladin »

It´s quite easy.. Because I´m not a creator (or author) of that animation and videos..

Get three videos to display them.. There were no time and conditions to get the original (huge) animation..

Than I am not quite following you.
Resolume Arena is a media server, right? It is sold like a media server.
So, why we are discussing about playing one video vs. 3 videos in one time synced?
Am I able to play only one video in one time with Resolume, and two or more can´t be played synced?? So I don´t need it, because I can do the same thing just with the quadro card with mosaic and a Windows player, or to play it on some laptop and do a slices in some processor..
Than Arena isn´t a mediaserver, but still just a software for VJs, or a player with some features..

Edit: This is nothing against Resolume, but it is almost same, like there will be some issue with warping, to tell me, that I can warp it on a beamer (yeah, it is possible on some of them), or export the animations or footages already curved :-)

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Hey Ladin, one thing to keep in mind is that there is a lot of us on the forum who are willing to spend some of our precious free time to help out but in order for this to work well, it needs to be a collaborative platform. Since you're the one being helped, you need to be willing to spend some time helping yourself. This thread started last October but it seems you are too busy to even try things we have suggested to help you out.
Than Arena isn´t a mediaserver, but still just a software for VJs, or a player with some features..
Arena IS a software and as such it needs hardware in order to run so without knowing what you system is it's hard to make a full assessment of where your problem comes from. For all we know, you could be running Arena on a totally inadequate system.

I think what Pfelberg was suggesting is that if you're having syncing issues you may want to try to play that video as one full video instead of three thirds since that's one of the things Arena does very well.