Slice Transform

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
PERCYJOSEPH
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Slice Transform

Post by PERCYJOSEPH »

Hi.
Still a lot of confusion regarding the slice transform. Can somebody explain what is the use and how can we use slice transform in our projects and how does it support during a live show.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Slice Transform

Post by Oaktown »

Are you asking about how to manage the [Input Selection] & [Output Transformation] in the advanced output?

PERCYJOSEPH

Post by PERCYJOSEPH »

Yes. that is exactly what i am asking. How to use it and where to use it.

PERCYJOSEPH

Post by PERCYJOSEPH »

Dear Oaktown.
The link you shared all shows how you can set an input and output using slice. I am using resolume for the last 4 years and that area is pretty clear but the confusion is the new feature you have added "slice transform" in the effects and also separately from the slice window from where we can drag either to the composition or layer or even take it as a clip. Now what is the use of this and where can i use it.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

There is a great manual for R6 that you can access directly from the software: Arena>View Manual. The section on Slice Transform is on pp 51-54 of the document.

I think the slice transform is one of these things that needs to dawn on you so read up on the manual, then read this post by Joris, then test it out for yourself.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

You can also access that manual page online here: https://resolume.com/support/en/transfo ... arena-only

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Probably the Input Maps chapter has the best practical example of how you would work with Slice Transforms: https://resolume.com/support/en/input-maps

PERCYJOSEPH

Post by PERCYJOSEPH »

Joris
I failed. I still can't make out how it works. Please upload a video if you have any demo on Slice transform. My field is mostly award function presentation on multiple screen and I work only on advanced mode with 4 or 5 outputs at a time. I created different layers to create different effects and if i am able to switch off a slice on the advanced mode or manipulate such things on the keyboard or midi shortcuts then my major job will be over.

Joris

Post by Joris »

Sorry, I can't make it any clearer than how I've explained it in the Input Maps chapter. Why don't you walk us through one of your setups, and I'll try to give you an idea on how you could use Slice Transforms for it.