Resolume Avenue and Arena 7 Available Now!!!

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
3polxin
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Resolume Avenue and Arena 7 Available Now!!!

Post by 3polxin »

Yes, thank you.... I hope this release can fix bug from the previous software
Last edited by 3polxin on Fri Aug 16, 2019 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
Resolume is the best and we are, Polarin, using it. Top recommended.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

3polxin wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 03:36 Yes, thank you.... I hope this release can fix bug from the previous software
Which bug?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

pette wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 18:17 Great!
So...It will support also sacn or E1.31?
Although sACN is on our radar, we don't have any plans for it yet.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

knappy
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by knappy »

I'm just happy my feature is finally here!!!!
https://resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11434

aa1988

Post by aa1988 »

whether at last it will be made CITP previews for lightings consoles ???

StAngus

Post by StAngus »

What I am taking from this pricing restructure is that now we're effectively paying for a "full release" amount of features in half the time between the releases of the previous versions which was already half the time of the previous versions etc etc. I'm just going to have to be honest in saying that this to me does seem a lot like a subscription lite model and it doesn't really sit well with me. The problem with this type of pricing is that too often we've seen companies cough*Autodesk*cough*Adobe*cough* start to phone it in and you find yourself paying more for less new features (or for no features) than in the past for major version releases.

What recourse will we have if a version is released a week before the licence expires and breaks a critical feature? My guess is buy another year of upgrade and hope for the best?

I hate to say it guys but I'm going to be rigorously assessing other options because VJing doesn't pay the bills too well and I need the most bang for my buck and I no longer feel that Arena is going to be delivering on that front.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

StAngus wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 05:52 The problem with this type of pricing is that too often we've seen companies cough*Autodesk*cough*Adobe*cough* start to phone it in and you find yourself paying more for less new features (or for no features) than in the past for major version releases.
The big difference is that these companies don't let you use their product if you don't pay them regularly.
Your Resolume licenses, you keep for life.
What recourse will we have if a version is released a week before the license expires and breaks a critical feature? My guess is buy another year of upgrade and hope for the best?
In an unlikely event like this, you'll still be able to use the previous version where the critical feature works for you, as long as you want, without paying anything again.
Then when it's fixed, and you decide you saw other new nice things you'd like, you can extend your license update period.

Have a look at this article on our support page: https://resolume.com/support/en/updates it should explain a lot in detail about how the new licensing system works.

StAngus

Post by StAngus »

Thank you for the reply Zoltan. Are you able to let us know what will happen in the scenario where one VJ is 'biding their time' and turns up to perform an event and is given a mapping file from another VJ who has the latest update? Will the mapping files be backwards compatible moving forward or will all VJs be required to be running the same version to load the mapping files? Cheers.

SiNiSon
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by SiNiSon »

This is great news... just wondering (the notes seem to just cover the main new features) if there are any core improvements to performance or media handling?

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

StAngus wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 08:14 Will the mapping files be backwards compatible moving forward or will all VJs be required to be running the same version to load the mapping files?
We will always provide backward compatibility for files created with previous versions. If you save a file in version 7.0.1 you will still be able to open it in version 7.0.3, 7.1.0, 7.5.0, etc. If we're going to make changes to the file format that require a conversion, we will provide a conversion step similar to how v6 files can be converted into v7.

What i think you're worried about though is forward compatibility, which is when v7.0.3 tries to load a v7.5.0 file. We cannot guarantee this to work. We aren't actively limiting loading of a 'file from the future'. What this means is that if the v7.5.0 file contains all the information v7.0.3 needs and it's in the correct location, it will be able to load it.
However, if that v7.5.0 file contains information on some imaginary feature, we wont be able to support that feature in v7.0.3.
SiNiSon wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 19:38 just wondering if there are any core improvements to performance or media handling?
yes!
The notes mention OpenGL 4.1, we're using this for example to reduce trigger stutter. Some work has also been done on low performance when multiple outputs like capture cards , dmx lumiverses or virtual screens are used. You'll also notice major improvements to the recorder's performance. OpenGL 4.1 unlocks many new features for us which we'll be using to improve handling in the future as well. Maybe i'm working on using some of these as we speak ;)