Sx2 Controller not working with Resolume and Traktor

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Digitrevx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Sx2 Controller not working with Resolume and Traktor

Post by Digitrevx »

Hi everyone

I have a Pioneer Sx2 midi controller that is being used with Traktor via USB.
I'm trying to map my midi notes to Resolume 6 with the Sx2 while also trying to run Traktor 2.0.

However if Traktor is running and I try to select the controller in resolumes 6 preferences and select "midi in" it then says midi device in use.

If Resolume 6 is running and I attempt run Traktor, Traktor will just say no midi device found.

Is there a setting within the Sx2 that will allow both software to communicate with the controller?

Thank you very much!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Sx2 Controller not working with Resolume and Traktor

Post by Arvol »

You'll need to use something like Bomes, something that takes a single MIDI device and then sends that device out to multiple virtual devices.

Digitrevx

Post by Digitrevx »

Arvol wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 16:21 You'll need to use something like Bomes, something that takes a single MIDI device and then sends that device out to multiple virtual devices.
Dang I was really hoping to avoid using Bomes. ><
I used it years ago and it was kinda involved and took time to set up.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

It honestly shouldn't take you more than 30 seconds to get what you're after. You're sending 1 hardware out to 2 virtual hardware's. You open Bomes, and drag the input hardware to the 2 (or as many as you want) virtual hardwares as you want and then save and minimize. Then in your other apps, just assign the virtual hardware however you like (since their identical). It only takes a long time to setup if you're trying to modify the incoming and outgoing MIDI, in this case, you're just duplicating it ;)

Hope that makes sense.

Digitrevx

Post by Digitrevx »

Oh it makes sense!
I guess part of me wonders what will happen regarding the fact traktor uses the onboard sound card within the Sx2 for processing. Because it still has to function as a usable DJ deck with traktor and without it linking directly to the controller I don't know what will happen.