how to cycle through video clips on beat}???

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: how to cycle through video clips on beat}???

Post by He2neg »

vj8k3 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 08:08

like look at this video at 47:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1O7-OhxNzE

some how he is pressing controls so that the clips are triggered and it is matching to the beat. He has different cloud clips, so for that song its a bunch of cloud videos and he is triggering them on time to the music.

At 47:25 i see a guy with ONE cloud clip and a strobe mapped to a button =)

He did prepared something to have this show,I guess his music clips are combinded with a video file (and these basic themes are allready completed)....and the same is maybe done for his audio effects... (start one , the other follows)
It looks like the Strobe is done manually, he is either good and dint missed a click or its kind of "fake" and the strobe is also combined with the audiotrack of the bass and the comand is send automaticly....

So he is vjing like others are just djing.... its not that complicated but takes a lot of work and time to be realy good orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr everything is mostly done before and you have time to jump around / dance on the table / through around cakes / be a maniac on the stage..
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

He2neg wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 09:46 through (throw) around cakes / be a maniac on the stage..
To be fair, he does have 13 pages on his rider on how to properly make a cake, and only 2 pages of actual production information.... lol
I also charge a $250 cleaning fee anytime we work him. I still have FOH cables with cake on them.

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

Funny how i correct myself inside a quote ;) Thanks... these words.... i cant remember the spelling and the pronunciation doesnt help me at all ;)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~Berlin~

vj8k3
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by vj8k3 »

Arvol wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 03:05
DHoude wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 02:29 Arvol makes some good suggestions about timing your clips to the beats per min of the song. but that 47:25 section is not 127-128. So you may need to adjust your timings to the tempo/clip length you are working with.
I was mainly stating that 95% of the music I work around is 127-128 so I format most of my clips to that BPM, But... The beauty of getting all of you clips in sync with a single BPM, regardless of what BPM it is, once you change Resolume's BPM, ALL of you clips will follow and remain in sync/beat.

Step 1 is syncing all of your content. It's not fun and takes weeks (or at least it did with me and the terabytes I had). But once that process is over, you can click with confidence that no matter what you pick, it will still remain in beat.

I use to have a MIDI Fighter controller just for my Piano Mode clips, It was fun, But I've changed workflows since then. One work flow that remains a constant... Having content in sync with each other ;)
this is very very helpful. I'm going to re watch those tutorials and play around with it. thanks I'm not even there yet so I will try again and come back to this
👮♟ ş𝕄𝕆ⓚᗴ ℂяⓐ℃k 卄AιĹ 𝓈ΔⓉ𝒶Ň 😎

Asus pro duo
Intell cor I7
16 gig ram
Gforce rtx 2060
mouse

vj8k3

Post by vj8k3 »

He2neg wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 09:46
vj8k3 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 08:08

like look at this video at 47:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1O7-OhxNzE

some how he is pressing controls so that the clips are triggered and it is matching to the beat. He has different cloud clips, so for that song its a bunch of cloud videos and he is triggering them on time to the music.

At 47:25 i see a guy with ONE cloud clip and a strobe mapped to a button =)

He did prepared something to have this show,I guess his music clips are combinded with a video file (and these basic themes are allready completed)....and the same is maybe done for his audio effects... (start one , the other follows)
It looks like the Strobe is done manually, he is either good and dint missed a click or its kind of "fake" and the strobe is also combined with the audiotrack of the bass and the comand is send automaticly....

So he is vjing like others are just djing.... its not that complicated but takes a lot of work and time to be realy good orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr everything is mostly done before and you have time to jump around / dance on the table / through around cakes / be a maniac on the stage..
ok gotch ya. idt its combined with the audio track, i think he does do a lot of prep to have it right before each track but also can trigger them to his finger tap as well. Like a vj fly by wire

thanks for your time. Ill get back to you downnn the line when and if I figure it out and if anyone is looking this up in the future and wants to know the same thing on the forum

Asus pro duo
Intell cor I7
16 gig ram
Gforce rtx 2060
mouse

vj8k3

Post by vj8k3 »

I really hope people hang with me here and dont abandon helping me. Because there will prob be someone in the future happy to read this.

I dont really want to do loops...I think. I want the loop to be the idea - such as a collection of clips that all have the same idea or theme to them, but the hole repeating thing seems like its going to make people look away because its boring- I want to over stimulate them- like Tipper's music - how the beat is consistent but theres a different break down in-between every hit....

Iv tried learning This program by watching all the videos, Iv shadowed the VJ at two different large EDM events. I think I need to learn by making what I imagine. I'm going to upload a sample video of what iv been trying soon

Asus pro duo
Intell cor I7
16 gig ram
Gforce rtx 2060
mouse

vj8k3

Post by vj8k3 »

Like I feel like its important to be a TRUE VISUAL DJ ya know? I want to jocky videos. I like some of the digital clips like beeple generated kind of stuff but what interests me the most is finding cool footage not made for VJing to use.

SO how to I make those clips fit to songs??

Asus pro duo
Intell cor I7
16 gig ram
Gforce rtx 2060
mouse

vj8k3

Post by vj8k3 »

just follow me on ig @
VJ_8k3

thats where im posting my attempts. please check it out and let me know how im doing! :geek: :x :evil: :roll: :P

Asus pro duo
Intell cor I7
16 gig ram
Gforce rtx 2060
mouse

vj8k3

Post by vj8k3 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7he8tHtPXM

this is getting better how do they do this?

Asus pro duo
Intell cor I7
16 gig ram
Gforce rtx 2060
mouse

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

vj8k3 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 08:28 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7he8tHtPXM

this is getting better how do they do this?

i dont see anything super special going on ;)

my guess (if its resolum) then they used multiple layers and a overlay with piano trigger style clips

https://resolume.com/support/en/clips#trigger-style
~Berlin~