Video Router and resources

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
manymanyhaha
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Video Router and resources

Post by manymanyhaha »

I see. It isn't adding 70 or 140 additional Video Routers, it is the additional empty slots being added.

Ok, thanks.
live stream of music catalog to Resolume youtube.com/@manymanyhaha/live

manymanyhaha
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Video Router and resources

Post by manymanyhaha »

Zoltán wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 14:28 This composition has 28 layers and 764 columns, that's 21392 Clip Slots.
It's not only the number of actual video clips, but the clip slots.
Empty clip slots are only one line in the xml, but clips are starting from 80 lines each.
Any copy, paste, or move action will have to find the corresponding clip in the 512 686 lines of xml, and update it.
Any clip select will have to find the clip in the 21k clip entries and load that.
That will take time.

Organizing the content such that the two layers with the 700+ clips in them would be in two layers instead of one, could cut the numbers of columns needed in half, and with that the number of clips slots too, and everything will be quicker.
Actually, apologies, but I'm revisiting this because I realized my original question was not resolved . What are the resources that are being used that cause it to "take time"? To run this composition, these are the resources that are being used:

10% of 5.21 ghz CPU
57.3/63.1 gb RAM
c: ssd 1%
d: ssd 1%
wifi: 12.7

gpu nvidia: 87%
gpu amd: 0%

Nothing is ever being maxed out. So I'm trying to understand the bottleneck. Where is it?
live stream of music catalog to Resolume youtube.com/@manymanyhaha/live