VVVV to Resolume Bridge is FFFFantastic
Everyone that's been around in the generative scene for a bit, knows VVVV can be used to create amazing realtime visuals.
But as with any generative software, doing a whole 12 hour show by noodling your output together was not something for the faint hearted. You knew it wasn't that hard, but could you really be bothered patching up that front end and putting in those blend modes and warping effects? Of course not, you'd rather focus on the fun parts.
Enter Elio, a prolific VVVV user who was fed up with Syphon envy and decided to take matters in his own hands: http://vvvv.org/contribution/directx-freeframegl-bridge
What that means in normal people language is that you can use his plugins to render your VVVV output straight in Resolume, without the need for additional screen capture workarounds! Like a live camera! At 58 fps! Which is awesome!
Read more about it in the link above, or on the thread on our own Res forum: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10334
Add to this the recent plugins by Trypta that allow for sharing video between Touch Designer and Resolume and all of a sudden, the Syphonless part of the world does not look so bleak anymore ( Cinder/oF people, it's time to step up to the plate! )
Show us the fun stuff you're doing with these nerdy setups. We love a good nerd session. Posted by Joris on Monday April 29, 2013 at 11:32 Tags: vvvv
Login to the forum to comment.
This blog is about Resolume, VJ-ing and the inspiring things the Resolume users make. Do you have something interesting to show the community?
Send in your work!
- * Resolume 7.3.0 Released! Start settings for parameter animation, new effects & generators
- * Resolume 7.2.1 Maintenance Release
- * Resolume 7.2.0 Released! Clip Renderer, Recording & Conversion Improvements, 2 New Effects
- * New footage! toomuchlag, VJ Galaxy, Tomika
- * Visual storytelling with STVinMotion
- * Want Plugins? Get Juicebar!
- * A footage pack in memory of Jonathan Bernbaum
- * In Pursuit of Secret Mapping Experiment