Welcome to Wire!
We’re so excited to finally introduce you to our new addition to the Resolume family, say hello to Wire!
Wire is a modular node-based patching environment to create effects, mixers and video generators for Arena & Avenue.
Does the world really need another patching environment? Yes, we think it does. There are some truly great patching environments available; Max, Notch, TouchDesigner, vvvv, Vuo, to name just a few. All of these have been around for decades and all have their own purpose, strengths and weaknesses. However none of them tick all our boxes. We want something lightweight, embeddable, cross-platform and most of all, easy to use and learn. That patching environment did not exist yet, and since the days of Quartz Composer we have been frustrated and dreaming about a patching environment that would compliment Arena and Avenue.
Of course Wire can not be compared to patching environments that have been around for decades but it does already prove itself very useful in expanding the capabilities of Arena & Avenue. In fact, you might have already been using Wire effects and generators without even noticing. Remember the Abstract Field source and Acuarela & Tilt Shift effects we added to Arena and Avenue a few versions back? Those are made in Wire! And the best thing is; you can now edit them and make your own variations. Or learn how they were made and create something entirely new.
We think we have laid the foundation for a very friendly and capable environment that will only get better over time. We look forward to expanding into new territories in the future like audio playback, synthesis and effects. 3D rendering. More IO protocols. Online content. To name just a few. There is so much fun stuff that can be added to Wire it’s hard to decide what to do first. Help us prioritize what to do next, by telling us what you would like to be added in the future.
Wire includes a lot of example patches that get you going very quickly. The welcome screen will help you to get started right away. For every node there is a documentation patch that explains exactly what it does. Check out the in-depth support articles that explain the concepts behind Wire. Of course you are free to ask any question on our forum but also join our growing Slack community where you can get very quick feedback via chat. We look forward to you feedback on Wire!
Resolume Wire for 1 computer is €399 Euro. Licenses are available in the shop.
A free trial is available now on our downloads page so you can try Wire for as long as you like.
Arena & Avenue 7.4.0 of course contain the full Wire integration but also fixes the following bugs and crashes.
- #15260 Presets for Mixers/Blend Modes
- #14859 Support dragging .avc file onto resolume
- #14729 Accept comma as decimal separator
- #15266 Crash on exit with output/preview set to picture in picture, and previewing clip
- #15048 Crash undoing clip paste in another deck
- #14991 Crash trying to drop VST effect onto layer clip thumbnail
- #14906 Crash after disconnecting midi device which popped 'already in use'
- #11625 Crash with waking machine from sleep with DMA on
- #13716 Mapped Layer blend shortcuts change on adding other blend modes
- #14816 SDI and NDI capture textures can flash into eachother
- #14951 /composition/layers/1/clips/*/transport/ position/behaviour/duration/divide no worky
- #14999 Column sometimes doesn't get highlighted on trigger, next column index is wrong
- #15092 Selecting another MIDI shortcut preset stops OSC output
- #15224 Low and Upper case blends names are ordered separately, lower case end up at the end of the list, this can get confusing
- #15231 Loading layout preset can make Shortcuts panel show up
- #15190 Loading a file in full screen Alley, makes the file list show up, you can't hide it Posted by bart on Monday June 7, 2021 at 11:37 Tags: wire
Login to the forum to comment.
This blog is about Resolume, VJ-ing and the inspiring things the Resolume users make. Do you have something interesting to show the community?
Send in your work!
- * Welcome to Wire!
- * Resolume 7.3.3 Released. Have No Fear
- * Resolume 7.3.2 Maintenance Release
- * Resolume 7.3.1 Toggle Clips, Optional NDI PTZ
- * Plenty of new footage!
- * We Need to Talk. Join us on Slack!
- * Resolume 7.3.0 Released! Start settings for parameter animation, new effects & generators
- * Resolume 7.2.1 Maintenance Release
- * Resolume 7.2.0 Released! Clip Renderer, Recording & Conversion Improvements, 2 New Effects
- * Visual storytelling with STVinMotion