New Resolume Promo Video - Starring You?
Probably the most rewarding part of making VJ software is seeing someone do something amazing with your tool. We get a lot of mail and Facebook messages from people showcasing their work. We try to highlight and share this with you via the blog or social media, but quite often we feel it deserves more.
So we figured we'd give it more.
A while back we posted this video, which is basically a rip-off of EyeSupply's Godskitchen promo with some Resolume shots thrown in. Still we think it looks kinda cool.
The idea is that every few months, we make a new video, but this time showcasing the Resolume community, i.e. *your* work! If you have footage of your amazing summer festival gig, or your insane mapping project, send it to us. We'll edit the submissions into a regular video, and promote it via our network. This means that a *lot* of people will get to see your work. Of course you get full credit, so it's a great way to get some exposure. Boast to your friends, potential clients, your parents and your grandma's dog.
Be clear in who you are. Let us know how you would like to be credited, and which info you want public and which info you want to keep to yourself.
Use a tripod. Those lovely wide stage shots of your gigantic LED wall deserve some time to be admired.
Use a decent camera. It would be a shame if we can't use your latest mapping extravaganza if we can't make out the pixels from the potatoes.
Show the context. Your monitor output is impressive, seeing it behind the DJ in front of a thousand people is overwhelming.
We love to see an interface screen here and there. Nothing says 'done with Resolume' than seeing somebody actually do it with Resolume.
Leave the editing, titling and fancy effects up to us. The more raw material we have to work with, the more impressive we can make the whole.
Minimum 1280x720 resolution. It's easiest to send your material in Quicktime .movs with h264 compression. We'll handle all the conversion to an editing codec. If you really don't know how to do this, just send it anyway and we'll get back to you. Too big to send via mail? WeTransfer.com allows up to 2GB.
By submitting your work to us, you agree to the following:
- Resolume can use the raw material and the finished edit of it for all promotional purposes. You will of course always be credited when your material is used.
- You are in fact the creator of both the subject matter and the material itself. You also have permission from any associated parties to publicly display this material. In other words, nobody is going to come and throw bricks at our windows or subpoenas at our mailbox.
Why are you still reading this? Get your cameras out and start filming!
Login to the forum to comment.
This blog is about Resolume, VJ-ing and the inspiring things the Resolume users make. Do you have something interesting to show the community?
Send in your work!
- * Resolume 7.3.0 Released! Start settings for parameter animation, new effects & generators
- * Resolume 7.2.1 Maintenance Release
- * Resolume 7.2.0 Released! Clip Renderer, Recording & Conversion Improvements, 2 New Effects
- * New footage! toomuchlag, VJ Galaxy, Tomika
- * Visual storytelling with STVinMotion
- * Want Plugins? Get Juicebar!
- * A footage pack in memory of Jonathan Bernbaum
- * In Pursuit of Secret Mapping Experiment