"Create Visuals with Resolume" And The Winner is:

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

"Create Visuals with Resolume" And The Winner is:

Post by Joris »

We knew Resolume could be used for creating content. We filled a few hours in the early morning just playing around with lines and solids ourselves.

But we had no idea about how far it could be taken. You took us on trips to strange and awesome places of geometric meditation. Others went to dark and scary lands of broken glitch and thunderstorms. Some of you actually brought back postcards of landscapes filled with wonderful creatures.

It was amazing. Best of all, because the .avc file had to be shared, it was a great learning experience as well. If you want to know how a particular look was achieved, you can just download the comp and see for yourself.

Next time somebody says Resolume does not have enough effects, we can just point him or her to this thread.

But of course you all want to know who won, so here are the winners:

First place:
"Comp Entry" 1 by Liam_Blend

We would play this on any screen, at any party, at any time. It's got everything a clip needs: detail, color, contrast, depth, rhythm and lots of black. We wonder if it makes coffee too.

Second place:
"Sad cosmic" owl by VJ Biolume

Because sad cosmic owl is sad. And cosmic.

Of course there was so much good material to pick from, so here are the honorable mentions:

"2colortech" by dirtyjohnlv

This was our favourite for a big part of the competition. Bold, energetic and full of contrast.

"Cosmic interference" by digital:snot

The first one that made us open the composition and check how it was done. Always a good sign.

"AKIBA NE-ON" by nkgw-a

It's interesting that glitch was considered cutting edge and avantgarde not too long ago, but now it's almost old-school. We like old-school.

"TEST 04" by VJ Granda

VJ ammo that will kill on any screen. Boom! Headshot!

"Mhlzhn21" by mahlzahn

Mahlzahn deserves an honorable mention if only for the fact that about half of the entries in the comp are his.

"Generative visuals" by aleksey notkin

This one made us doubt if it was actually made in Resolume. Even after the comp was uploaded we're still not exactly sure how some of it is done.

"8-bit avatar generator" by cosmowe

If you're over 30, you have a soft spot for anything 8 bit.

"Resolume contest" by Rebeloverlay

Spencer is disqualified because he already is the best selling artist on our label and he gets his arena serials for free anyway.

"Silent Light, Wholly Light" by J Benj

Bart swears that this video is filled with big morphing Darth Vader faces. We don't see it.

"Contest2" by SHQ

We had a few landscape entries, but the paper boat made this one complete.

Congrats to the winners, and a huge "thank you" to everyone who participated. You're amazing people, that's what you are.

theLABVisuals
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: "Create Visuals with Resolume" And The Winner is:

Post by theLABVisuals »

A superb compo folks and I'm (hoping to be the first) to congratulate every single entry for teaching me so much more about Resolume then I thought I knew. Some of the chaining of effects I clearly had not even considered!
(can we now have presets in Resolume please guys?!).

All I now have to do is clear my diary for the next month and dissect each and every AVC file (thank you all!) and great work Liam!

Top!
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

vj granda

Post by vj granda »

Congratulations Blend Visuals and Vj Biolume !!!

vj granda

Post by vj granda »

And especially congratulations to Resolume team for making this wonderful and amazing software ...

VjLuper
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by VjLuper »

Pity to discover the contest sooooooooo late :(

BTW guys you are amazing!!!!!

hey, "If you want to know how a particular look was achieved, you can just download the comp and see for yourself." means that all the comp will be downloadable?!?!

Hypnotist
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Hypnotist »

This was fun competition. I was looking for program to generate new stuff more easily and I've now found it. I'm now selling my modul8 license and switching to resolume. :D
------------------------------------------------
http://ljhypnotist.com
iMac 12.2, 3,4GHz/16GB/HD6970m 2GB/TB SSD-raid/DH2go
Arena 4, Modul8, Arkaos, MAX, QC, Unity3d, Madmapper
Launchpad,Maschine, RemoteZero SL, Bitstream 3x

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

@VJLuper, check the original comp thread for all the .avc files (and loads more amazing entries): viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10134

Liam_Blend
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Liam_Blend »

Wow thanks resolume :D There were loads of worthy winners there! I think collectively we've blown all previous expectations of what the software can do. I wouldn't have even considered turning up to a gig without my HD full of clips before this competition, I might accidentally on purpose leave it at home next time!
Thanks again to the resolume guys and i look forward to putting something together for the shop.

carlo19731
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by carlo19731 »

Congrats to all winners, you all made a very good job :mrgreen:
C. G. Z.

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Congrats to all winners and again thnx to the team for pushing us to give the best!
And for myself, a minor but important thank you to the post of Eyesupply, he showed me the way of using the effects the right way which I'm using them now! So thank you! ;)