New Resolume MIDI Controller with Video Buttons and Monitor

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
LuxViral
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: New Resolume MIDI Controller with Video Buttons and Moni

Post by LuxViral »

:lol: an AKAI joint venture with a drone-motherpad from korg. The wheel control is for lifting the magic carpet.

sleepytom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by sleepytom »

The text only LCD buttons from NKK cost about $100 each. I have no idea how much the video buttons would cost, needless to say they are too expensive to be seen even in broadcast shotboxes which cost thousands of pounds.

The ability to show thumbnails on a screen which matches the layout of a specific control surface would be the best solution. This wil be possible in resolume 5 with CITP - one could imagine a RaspberryPi communicating with resolume to provide a dynamic gui / thumbnail / preview screen which was matched to a physical control surface.

skulpture
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by skulpture »

Imagine if TouchOSC could accept thumbnails via CITP... that would be pretty cool.

I'd quite happily use my iPad just for triggering videos (with thumbnails), then use hardware for sliders, dials, x fader, etc.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

As far as we're concerned, this is the only advantage of using a touch controller over a hardware device in a 'normal' live situation.

sleepytom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by sleepytom »

There is a lot to be said for combination touch screen / physical button controllers, look at pretty much any recent digital sound desk, or lighting console and it will likely feature a touch screen alongside its buttons and knobs.

I'd like to see a way to build function specific guis for touch screens so you could have colour pickers or corner pin effects control for example.

cheers
tom