Resolume Arena 5 Point Ooooh

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Resolume Arena 5 Point Ooooh

Post by Joris »

We still have a lot of work we can do in memory management, and making Res large address aware was a small step on that road.

At the moment, using .pngs or any non-DXV file at such a large resolution is a sure fire way to push Resolume out of memory. This is something we need to somehow prevent the user from doing. Going 64 bit would help, but it's only part of the solution, because there will always be someone that manages to push even beyond that limit again.

Currently, it's best to take our and francoe's advice, and use 1 frame DXVs instead of .png files, it's very, very hard to reach the memory limit.

slimus
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by slimus »

In POLYGON input can i insert point inside the plygon mask ?

Digi
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Digi »

Joris wrote:We still have a lot of work we can do in memory management, and making Res large address aware was a small step on that road.

At the moment, using .pngs or any non-DXV file at such a large resolution is a sure fire way to push Resolume out of memory. This is something we need to somehow prevent the user from doing. Going 64 bit would help, but it's only part of the solution, because there will always be someone that manages to push even beyond that limit again.

Currently, it's best to take our and francoe's advice, and use 1 frame DXVs instead of .png files, it's very, very hard to reach the memory limit.
I know we talked about this, but system's these days are standardizing 16gigs and 32gigs isn't even crazy. Why does the angle of attack for the problem need to be "prevent the user from doing" when we are limited to 8 year old hardware standards of 4gigs. From a consumer stand point, pro products I use (Adobe, Autodesk, Pixologic, MAXON, ex) I've paid similar to Resolume prices, has a 64 bit option.

Converting all your png's to 1 frame video codec's is a strange pipeline for "professional" software.

Thankfully you can make render templates in AfterEffects to convert this stuff in batch but we are assuming everyone has and knows how to operate extra software and it's still a work around.

It's cool Resolume support is offering work around's but is Resolume moving to 64bit??