Resolume Arena 5 Point Ooooh

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Resolume Arena 5 Point Ooooh

Post by francoe »

Luxcollective wrote: Since it isn't mentioned I presume Windows version is still not 64 bit? Would love to not have to walk on egg shells with the application memory limits of 32bit.
I think you misundestood memory management. Who cares about a large memory address allocation when your load don't rise up the 32bit limit?
Playing right now 5 layers 1080, 250 dxv clips on random pilot mode, 20 filters applied: using 370mb memory.

Luxcollective
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Luxcollective »

Hmmm. Will have to do some more research / process of elimination as to what is the primary culprit driving up my memory usage to the limits. There are a few candidates: I often have large set design PNG masks (PNGs are large memory hogs apparently) , often 6 to 8 outputs, comps that are 7000 to 10000 plus by 1080, etc.

Resolume hits 3gb+ pretty easily on my PC rig and I am fairly certain that is what is causing crashes. (My very first live show crashes after 12 years of being crash-free on Macs). The Windows machine is pretty beastly: 8 core, x99, 64gb RAM, Titan X w/ 12gb, Raided SSDs, PCIE M.2 SSD, Datapath Vision AV-SDI-HD card, etc.

What is the memory address feature addressing then?

Thanks!

dirtyjohn_lv

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wz223b1z.aspx
When a 32-bit application is large address aware, it can access up to 4 GiB on x64 operating systems and all memory that isn't used by the operating system and other applications on x86. 64-bit versions of Windows require no modifications to the operating system to benefit from this application; however, in 32-bit versions of Windows, you must increase the user memory setting.
Taken from http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threa ... re.112556/

vmhstech
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Arena 5.0 CITP

Post by vmhstech »

Is there any CITP functionality added? Must add!!!
Michael Ruiz :D

mfo

Post by mfo »

Hi,
just wanted to buy it, but the form does not accept my VAT id any more. Which is strange, the same VAT id has been used before (it was remembered), it didn't change and of course it is correct.
Marcel

p.s. Still no HiDPI display support :(

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Anyone with account problems should contact us directly on mail@resolume.com.

najrock
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by najrock »

streaming CITP?

jhenkins84
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by jhenkins84 »

Yes, we need CITP!!

dirtyjohn_lv

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

Really love the new version. Is there no way to convert v4 screen settings over to v5? I was able to get most of my mapping done in an hour because I had to redo it all, but I imagine some touring VJ that have 100+ different mapping will have a hard time with this

francoe

Post by francoe »

@luxcollective Ok, 6-8 outputs and 10000x1080 comp is way out of my mind right now. You certainly needs more than me, but still think 3gb is pretty good memory amount on the resolume side. Large png can be a trouble, but what about clips, are they all dxv? Cause, imo, calling dshow on windows usually eats your memory in a sec.
@Joris, what do you think, am I wrong on this?