Resolume Avenue & Arena 6 Beta Available Now!

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
bart
Team Resolume

Resolume Avenue & Arena 6 Beta Available Now!

Post by bart »

Ooh boy are we ever excited to finally show what we have been working on for years now: Resolume Avenue and Arena version 6. This is by far the biggest release we have ever done. It has a completely rewritten video rendering engine that is an order of magnitude faster than the previous so you can play more layers, higher resolution video and thus bigger stages.

phpBB [video]

Checkout the video to see the highlights of version 6 and checkout the What's New page for more details.

Beta
Because there is so much new it still has a few rough edges but we could not wait any longer we wanted to share this beta with you now. We need your help in the coming months to find the last few bugs and give us feedback. Together we'll tame this beast and have it ready for main stage as soon as possible. It's available for all Resolume customers so please log in to your account and hit the download.

Buy Now! (limited time offer)
Buy Resolume now because only now you get both Arena 5 AND Arena 6 for the price of one. Or Avenue 4 AND Avenue 6 for the price of one. This offer applies while Resolume 6 is in beta, so don't wait too long. Did you buy Avenue or Arena in the past couple of weeks? Contact us and we'll work something out.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Resolume Avenue & Arena 6 Beta Available Now!

Post by Joris »

And you will have questions, so here goes.

How do I access the beta?
Log in to your Resolume account and the beta will be available from the download page.

But I don't own Resolume! Can I still try the beta?
It's for customers only at the moment. If you like, you can hop on the Resolume train and buy 4 or 5 now. You'll get 6 for free.

OMGZ! This is amazing! How much for the upgrade?
€119 for Avenue, €319 for Arena. Log in to your Resolume account to see all your upgrade options.

Hahaha. This thing won’t even open. Did you guys even test it?
If you think it's bad now, you should have seen it six months ago. But yeah, it's a beta and it will crash. It’s not a question of if, it’s a question of when. Help us make it better by using the crash reporter to tell us what’s going wrong.

And remember!
Noticing.jpg
I just bought Resolume and now you bring out an update? This sucks!
Yes, that sucks. Resolume is always under active development, so updates happen from time to time. If you think that you've been treated unfairly in any way, get at us via mail@resolume.com and we’ll work something out.

What? No Feature X? You promised Feature X! I can’t live without Feature X!
We crammed as much as we could in Res 6, but the line had to be drawn somewhere. It turns out there’s only 24 hours in a day and it’s nice to spend at least a few of those sleeping. If you've mentioned Feature X before, we know how much it means to you, so we hope you can be patient a little longer.

Why can't I load my Res 4 or 5 compositions?
It's still a work in progress. In the final release, you'll be able to import all your old comps. Right now, let's focus on what's new instead of what's old!

Only two effect presets? What gives?
So yeah, work in progress. The final release will be packed with presets. Made an amazing preset? Send it over!

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

.....Do you know that situation? In front of you is a plate with some nice vegetables and a giant juicy steak from the grill.....you first eat all the vegetables fast to enjoy the steak at the end?!

I haven't downloaded the beta or watched the R6 intro yet.....I just wrote down my excitement here...oh boy oh boy....can't wait...to...click...on...the....intro!!!!

///EDIT
Now I saw the intro! Simply...WOW! .... so I guess....the "Resolume Grabber" finally died ;) !....
...now...straight into the BETA!
Last edited by cosmowe on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30, edited 2 times in total.
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

ARGGG

Last week as i was talking about R6 with a friend i was like: I may just stay with R5 and save the Money...

and now i view the video and i think after the 3rd new feature i allready knew i will just upgrade immediately as i allways did.

Awsome stuff
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Warspite
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Warspite »

F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C
More than we can dream of.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

OK...I'm done!.....the scrollbar is Midi mappable!!!!!...... :lol: :D :mrgreen: ..... sitting here just scrolling around with a knob.....giggeling
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Warspite

Post by Warspite »

I am truly amazed with performance of this bea6t!

bildwerk

Post by bildwerk »

Are there any specific improvements in R6 regarding the smooth playback topic discussed here?
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12904&p=61706&hili ... ack#p61706

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

bildwerk wrote:Are there any specific improvements in R6 regarding the smooth playback topic discussed here?
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12904&p=61706&hili ... ack#p61706
Why don't you test it and report back?

manoeuvretv
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by manoeuvretv »

Amazing release, well done!
Richard De Souza
MNVR
http://www.mnvr.tv