Resolume 6.0.10 Expecto Patronum

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Resolume 6.0.10 Expecto Patronum

Post by Joris »

HPPS_2014_Bk_Cvr (1).jpg
Dear Mr/Ms. Resolume,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all the squashed bugs and new features.

The download is available now. We await your owl by no later than 9 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress
Today Resolume 6 turns 10. That lovely age, smack dab in the tweens when you anxiously await your Hogwarts acceptance letter. Not a baby anymore, but not a graduated wizard either. The 6.0.10 release gets rid of some baby fat bugs and adds some fun new effects for your first Quidditch match. Check the fix list to see which House you truly belong in or just "Wingardium Leviosa" that download.

#11467 (closed) Slice transform mask mode is broken in 6.0.10 (HotFix Tuesday July 10th)
#11072 Upgrade NDI SDK to v3.5
#10287 Appcrash opening ASS while outputting NDI
#10167 Hang starting NDI on windows with 2 network adapters
This one's a biggie. We upgraded the NDI SDK to their latest 3.5 release. This fixes quite a few edge case bugs and improves overall performance and stability.

#11380 Sphere Effect
Edwin created a new effect that creates an extrudable sphery thingy from your footage. Hooray for extrudable sphery thingies.

#11379 Fancy up the Colorize effect
He also added quite a few parameters to the Colorize effect. Because you can never have enough control over your colors.

#11378 Crash when showing watermark on very small composition
#11296 SMPTE Clip offsets are based on 25 FPS on composition reload instead of actual SMPTE frame rate setting.
#11292 instant app crash holding ALT and scrolling with mouse wheel while drawing output mask with pen tool
#11273 OSC direction controls have /in /out added to the addresses for the forward and pause buttons
#11235 Media Manager - File name column has maximum width, can't resize it to show the file names
#11231 BMD capture clip doesn't reconnect on composition open if the last used input connection is different than the clip's setting
#11200 Persistent Clip "This Clip" target shortcuts disappear after mapping
#11193 Multi selection: first clip's animated parameter overrides parameter values of other selected clips
#11192 Creating a new composition after a 16bpc composition leaves rendering on 16 bits?
#11177 Thumbnailing Solid Color not working properly
#11110 CMYK Jpegs don't load on OSX
#11077 Appcrash switching FFT input
#11028 Fixture routed from Group doesn't have Input bypass/solo and Input opacity checkboxes
#10748 appcrash loading corrupted screen setup preset
#10639 Setting composition frame rate to a fixed value makes CPU usage increase by 20-70% on an empty composition

PS. Remember Sad Cosmic Owl?
phpBB [video]

Frischvergiftung
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Resolume 6.0.10 Expecto Patronum

Post by Frischvergiftung »

Hey Thanks for the Update! That Hogwarts themed newsletter was silly though. :roll:

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Frischvergiftung wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 16:38 Hey Thanks for the Update! That Hogwarts themed newsletter was silly though. :roll:
Muggle detected ;)

Mitch
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Mitch »

I have a license for 5; can I use this for 6, or does it require a new license?

Also, I downloaded and installed the demo of 6 and it seems to be working, but I mainly use Arena for LED pixel mapping. I was able to load a composition from ver.5 but want to know if there's an easy way to bring my pixel mapping in. It was kind of a pain to set up and configure, so hoping there's a save/load option. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Mitch wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 20:50 I have a license for 5; can I use this for 6, or does it require a new license?

Also, I downloaded and installed the demo of 6 and it seems to be working, but I mainly use Arena for LED pixel mapping. I was able to load a composition from ver.5 but want to know if there's an easy way to bring my pixel mapping in. It was kind of a pain to set up and configure, so hoping there's a save/load option. Thoughts?

Thanks!
v5 keys only works for v5.
V6 keys only work for v6.

Compositions, LED Fixtures, and Advanced Output config's can be transferred over from v5 to v6. Just copy and paste them in their corresponding folders.

The only thing that will need to be re-made, is MIDI, DMX, and OSC mappings, as well as your layout view.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Even my girlfriend loved this Harry Potter announcement of version 6.0.10. She said...."Tech should always be announced that way...then I would be more interested in it" :-) awwww

Greetings
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Even my girlfriend? You better don't underestimate her.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Ouh...I never underestimate her... never!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

keresha
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by keresha »

Nice. Thank you very much for update :)