Resolume 7.5.0 Release | Auto DMX Universe Spanning in Arena, Auto Instance Spanning in Wire

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
bart
Team Resolume

Resolume 7.5.0 Release | Auto DMX Universe Spanning in Arena, Auto Instance Spanning in Wire

Post by bart »

phpBB [video]

Arena DMX Spanning
When working with LED strips or a lot of fixtures you had to manually manage multiple DMX universes in the Advanced output of Arena. But not anymore! with version 7.5 Arena will automatically create as many universes as you like. This is huge time-saver when working with many DMX universes.
ASS-DMX-Spanning.png
Wire
This version of Wire comes with several cool new features, such as auto-repeat for instance counts, interpolated Read, multi-pass ISF, MIDI Program Change nodes and a Trim node. All MIDI and OSC nodes are now instanceable and with more alignment tools you can easily make your patches more organized and readable.

Arena & Avenue Fix List
#16043 Crash setting FFGL source FFT input to local
#15902 Crash handling Directshow capture sometimes
#15019 Crash waking machine from sleep with Lumiverse output
#15300 Crash trying to register on old drivers or unsupported GPU
#15895 Preview stops playing when moving the previewed clip
#15917 This column shortcuts are lost from earlier versions
#15766 Keyboard navigation no worky in Avenue Effects, and Sources panels
#15749 Flashing noise at the end of very short clips
#13006 "This column" target option missing for group columns
#14041 Moving a colour of a palette and then clicking on it shows the wrong colour
#14399 Clicking red in the default palette the first time, loads black instead
#14772 Undoing clip move to create new column, keeps columns if you switch to a different decks and start to undo there
#14796 Clip preview midi shortcut triggers preview also on note off
#15065 Playhead position of incoming and outgoing OSC-messages different
#15113 Scrubbing playhead in transport control range limited when in-/out-points are changed
#15184 Pasting ASS Output mask no worky
#15230 Restart Param set to Clip trigger, on BPM synced clip when hitting resync
#15248 Reverse Advanced output mouse selection order
#15270 Make Clip speed slider dingetje arrows adjust in finer steps
#15275 /composition/layers/*/clips/*/transport/position/behaviour/duration/multiply can make Resolume freeze if it sets play speed very fast
#15289 Clip Preview gets disconnected when clearing layer or on Piano trigger clip disconnect
#15290 Can't animate Wire layer choice mixer params sometimes
#15764 List / insert Fixtures in alphabetical order
#15804 Metaballs grid in should be an integer
#16031 New composition with Persistent source in column 1, deck 2, and 3 only have 1 column
#16103 Keystone effects show grid at wrong position

Alley Fix List
#16102 Alley's factory DXV presets all use Normal Quality with Alpha format

Wire Fix List
#15657 Add 1/2 Patch Size and 1/4 Patch Size resolution options
#15658 Connect actions that cause loss of input constant values are not undone.
#15671 Store output routing selection in patch and enable output if possible on patch load
#15681 Slice Render should scale according to its resolution attribute
#15682 Getting instanced, inlets should inherit original inlet value
#15685 Dragging a .isf resource to the patch create a new ressoure even if it already exist
#15691 Saving patch with ISF the shader resets values if it has defaults in the code
#15703 Inlet/Outlet inspectortje should also show multiline text, now it's all in one line
#15752 ISF multipass implementation
#15757 Give Toggle two trigger inlets to force the state
#15786 Patch with Russian and weird characters in file name doesn't load on windows
#15793 All inlets of Switch want to disconnect trying to instancing network with a trigger
#15798 Screen Shake should rotate around center
#15809 Add Max attribute on Linear node (to make loopable lists)
#15882 Crash consolidating patch with missing resource
#15891 Double clicking .cwired with Resolume not running, and choosing cancel in the installation prompt makes Resolume freeze on startup
#15898 Crash loading patch which has syphon output enabled, after a patch which had syphon output enabled
#15976 Read OSC loses 'Address'-input when changing type
#16004 Converge: Node that goes from event instances to single stream
#16005 Crash connecting float to 1st inlet of greater after texture to 2nd inlet

Download
Select "Check for Updates.." in the Avenue or Arena menu and it will self-update, including Wire. Or checkout the downloads page.

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Resolume 7.5.0 Release | Auto DMX Universe Spanning in Arena, Auto Instance Spanning in Wire

Post by Grimm90 »

Hurray !

But i'm not sure everyone here know wat een "dingetje" eigenlijk wilt zeggen ;)
15270 Make Clip speed slider dingetje arrows adjust in finer steps

Very glad to see the DMX side of resolume getting tackled. But got to be honest here , i tried it quite some times on multiple machines, artnet to spi from resolume is always choppy for me , it says 30 fps , but it looks like 22. If i spout from Resolume to MM (the one which i don't dare calling by its name in this place) , and let MM do the pixelstrip mapping / artnet out , its super smooth 40fps ....
Lets see if this is a thing of the past.
Congrats on a big release and thanks for all the bug fixes this will help tons of people and right on time now all is getting started again ^^

I did my first post covid festival stage , and the first time i dared to go live with R7 since it was released. It was super smooth, didn't crash a single time, didn't have any problems or weird behaviour. I'm falling in love again