Resolume 2.4 preview

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
dreamtk
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by dreamtk »

I'm with Homing... bpm feature is wicked.

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Cool new features, no question about that. But could you fix the bugs first? I dont want to play the moaning guy, but that audio analyzer crash really drives me mad, for me FFT is not a reliable feature anymore.
Thinking about dmx, the possibility of a crash, all lights out in the club ...

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi mfo,
We try to fix as many bugs as possible of course. That's allways our main goal. Next to that we are keen to develop new features as well.
For the DMX part, we implemented DMX so that it can be easily integrated in a light show. So DMX in Resolume is implemented primarily as a receiver of DMX and not a sender. But we did ad the sending compatibility to be able to do some nifty things, and have a better sync between video and light. That's why we added the possibility of sending DMX from flash.
Resolume will be a part of the light show and not responsible for all lights.

Cheers
Edwin

muttermotion
Is taking Resolume on a second date

AT LAST..!

Post by muttermotion »

god job guys...!

auto beat is the answers to made VJ works easy'r..
well.. how about the minimum Spek for the PC or Laptop if we wanna use the resolume 2.4 version..?

did u guys correct the tunnel fx ?

congrat once again.. can't hardly wait to install it to my machine

muttermotion | jakarta INDONESIA

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Cool, I can wait to test it ! BPM ARE GOOD !

dker

kosho
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by kosho »

I am a bit surprised and disappointed about the DMX feature, mostly because I am afraid the quality, consistency and depth of the video mixing capabilities of Resolume may be diluted. Lighting control seems to be going in an entirely different direction and on n a practical level, the environments where I mix video usually have minimal lighting because the video screen(s) provide most of the lighting, and I have to work to keep what lighting there is off the screen(s). Live Motion Graphics is a highly evolving art form, and though we've probably all seen clubs (at least on the tele) that have walls of LCD's, lighting is an entirely different medium.

There is also the issue of having too many features and the principle of modularity in good programming architecture. By the very nature of video mixing, Resolume is already a complex piece of software and I think we could all agree there are many additional video mixing features we would like to see, though different people have different priorities. Introducing, debugging and supporting a new interface will inevitably impact the video mixing capabilities of the software. I would (strongly) suggest a separate product or at least a plugin.

Great you are adding what sounds like an LFO that can be synchronized with the music. Ideally I think Resolume should have several LFO's with the ability to link different sliders/values to different ones so complex patterns can be built and modified. I am currently using an RM1X for this.

I might as well mention the feature I would most like to see and I think it would be pretty simple to implement. That is a switch to allow one or more of the up to 3 effects on the left to become layer specific, rather than global. That way you could apply a given effect to any clip loaded into the coresponding ayer, rather than having to apply it to each clip. If an effect is applied to a layer, then it would apply on top of any effect already applied to an individual clip, giving you the ability to stack 2 effects on a clip before mixing. If an effect is moved up or down on the left, then it would apply to the new corresponding layer (1, 2 or 3). Simple? Yes, and powerful.

Cheers and thanks for all the hard work! Kosho

kensen
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by kensen »

Hey all, I'm a professional lighting designer and VJ, and overjoyed to hear that Resolume will soon be adding DMX input. I work daily with DMX controlled fixtures- using desks and/or Martin Lightjockey. The ability to use a video server running resolume as a remote fixture will be ideal for my work.
Keep up the good work, and I will be buying a copy of 2.4 as soon as available.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yaaaarrrr.... Resolume 2.4 and Moving Head with Beamer

Shoot your Vids wherever you want.................