FreeFrame 1.5 Release

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
bart
Team Resolume

FreeFrame 1.5 Release

Post by bart »

We have officially released FreeFrame 1.5 on the Vision'R festival in Paris. FreeFrame 1.5 includes extensions to FreeFrame 1.0 that enable real time rendering of stunning graphics and video effects with OpenGL compatible graphics cards ("GPUs"). We will fully support FreeFrame 1.5 plugins in Resolume 3 that we hope to release this summer.

Thanks to the enormous graphics processing power in todays' GPUs, FreeFrame 1.5 plugins using OpenGL run at much higher resolutions and frame rates than older FreeFrame 1.0 plugins. With OpenGLs' 3D functions and pixel shader programs, many new and exciting visual effects are possible and we are excited to see what plugin developers will create.

FreeFrame 1.5 also includes a timing function that enables hosts and plugins to reliably render time-dependent visual effects like particle systems and physical simulations. Whether you are running in real time at 60 frames per second or rendering a 25fps video to your hard drive, the new timing function ensures that you'll get accurate and predictable results.

Sample projects for Windows (MSVC, Delphi) and Macintosh (XCode) are provided to demonstrate basic plugin programming and hosting. Many FreeFrame plugins are provided with source code so that others can see exactly how real time video effects are written.

To learn more about FreeFrame, check out the FreeFrame website, and the new freeframe plugin database at community.freeframe.org

Developers interested in writing FreeFrameGL plugins or hosts can download the SDK directly.
The latest FreeFrameGL specification can be found here on sourceforge.
Find more development information and access the complete code repository on the SourceForge site.

Thanks to everyone that has made this possible

The FreeFrame 1.5 team:
Trey Harrison (Salvation)
Russell Blakeborough (Camart - VJamm)
Edwin de Koning (Resolume)
Bart van der Ploeg (Resolume)
Gabor Papp
John Day (Camart - VJamm)
Marcus Clements (Brightonart)
Julian Hone (Camart - VJamm)
Thomas Hellesen
Tom Bassford
Pete Warden

With lots of help from the rest of the FreeFrame community.
PixelsInSpace1.jpg
PixelsInSpace1.jpg (47.54 KiB) Viewed 33264 times
PixelsInSpace2.jpg
PixelsInSpace2.jpg (70.87 KiB) Viewed 33250 times
PixelsInSpace3.jpg
PixelsInSpace3.jpg (197.38 KiB) Viewed 33265 times

bryandod
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: FreeFrame 1.5 Release

Post by bryandod »

great news guys. I can't wait to give it a try. Resolume 3 looks revolutionary. I don't think I can stand to wait until the end of the summer. Its like being a kid waiting for Christmas. :D

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

is there any information about any minimum spec for graphics cards needed to run Freeframe 1.5 ?
if im going to need to upgrade, i wouldnt mind knowing in advance so i can be prepared :)
thanks.

jim
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by jim »

watched the video on daily motion V3 looks so hot, so excited looks like it's going to be a fiar bit of work getting head around it all, also with that zooming thing in the corner of the screen you were doing could you use that to assign sections to outputs ie, to create a video wall off a couple of outputs?

leolodreamland

Post by leolodreamland »

how come intrinsicfx and insideusall were not on the dev team, seeing as they have been major proponents of the freeframe programming community, albeit commercially?
it's great news though, looking good! roll on summer and resolume 3...

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Intrinsic and Inside-us-all have not contributed to the creation of the new standard, they are happily waiting for us, vjamm, Trey, etc. to do that and then create great effects ;-)

They are working on some amazing new FFGL 1.5 plugins!

hypno
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by hypno »

veeeeeeery nice. At last some good news!

----------------------------------------------------------
Say NO to downloading, ripping, and even buying!
Best vj's are who make, not only mix.
Last edited by hypno on Wed Nov 05, 2008 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

daha
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by daha »

off:
i know it's a bit early question, but what about the pricing & will it be possible to crossgrade from PC to MAC?
i'm a mac user (and resolume on PC) now and i'm searching for a resolume-like vj app for osx (there is a few) but i should wait for the R3.

on:
it's nice to see the technological news in your world-class app (freeframe1.5, openGL)
i can help you to test the beta version if you mind (24/7) :)

BEST regards:
daha

jim

Post by jim »

daha wrote:off:
i know it's a bit early question, but what about the pricing & will it be possible to crossgrade from PC to MAC?
i'm a mac user (and resolume on PC) now and i'm searching for a resolume-like vj app for osx (there is a few) but i should wait for the R3.

on:
it's nice to see the technological news in your world-class app (freeframe1.5, openGL)
i can help you to test the beta version if you mind (24/7) :)

BEST regards:
daha
I am a very loyal resolume user but modul8 seems to be a very good mac vj app, allowing some cool things like warping image to project on 3d objects.

jim

Post by jim »

I am about to buy a mac pro, it would be usefull to know more about the rough system reqs of res3 will be. As resolume has been the one last thing holding me in pc land.