New Beta: Resolume Avenue 3 rev1110

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: New Beta: Resolume Avenue 3 rev1110

Post by juLiE »

tried to find thread where someone stated that they wanted the old resolume back, but i couldn't find it, so i post here instead...

i've been using resolume 2.4 for live mixing for awhile and i'm happy with it. i liked resolume 2 version for it's layout (big video channels) and simplicity. i had seen modul8 (and various other VJ apps) before choosing resolume and i was not into flying a plane, i was more of a push-the-buttons type of gal, like playing a piano or instrument, and that's the way i actually mix, a bit wild...and i feel it's possible to do that with resolume 2v.

however, i came to a point that i wanted to do more and to also control sound for special shows, not just live mixing in clubs, etc. i still have not had a lot of time to work with avenue 3, but the little i have done with it is indeed cool and as the name states, it's another "avenue" to go down, a change in life.

what is funny, though, is that when i first saw AV3, it reminded me a bit like modul8 and i thought, "uh-oh, i'm gonna crash the plane!" ;) but it's actually not difficult to use (just takes a little time to read the manual and just start trying and playing with it) and it opens up other possibilities for video artists in general...and it was probably time for change to keep the life of resolume going...and to make for both pc and mac.

so, modul8 folks, ever gonna make a pc version ? ;) just joking, but sometimes i get tired of the "mac" vs. "pc" and vise verse shit because a tool is a tool, how one uses it, is what matters...and i say that because i started out mixing with 3 16mm film projectors, dealing with projector eating film, etc. and well, we're lucky to have what we have in this amazing technological revolution...

yet, to wrap it up, i probably will use both resolume versions ; resolume 2v for mixing live and resolume AV3 for special work of my own. and when i get to know AV3 better, i may switch to that for live also.

ps: i think what i like best about the team at resolume is their great sense of humor "wicka wicka wick", "give it to me baby"...that's what *really* persuaded me to buy it :P

enough preaching, back to work.
julie-olah

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Glad you like our stupid sense of humor juLiE ;-)

We understand your and others' concern about Resolume 3 being completely different from verison 2. We knew we were going to "loose" some people with this. But we continue to improve Resolume 3 to also accomodate the die-hard version 2 fans.

In the next release you,ll see transport controls on the layers. Audio FFT analysis to make parameters bounce to the music. Midi/keyboard shortcuts that can be configured to work just like version 2. And in and out-points that can be controlled by keyboard and midi.

Thank you for your honest preaching, we listen and act upon it.

juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by juLiE »

humor is necessary in life :lol:

well i am indeed a version 2 die-hard fan. overall, i like AV3 and indeed i will use it (for a project in italy this summer!). but yes, some will leave, yet newbies will arrive too, c'est la vie...

transport controls on layers - cool

audio fft analy - cool, but to be honest, i prefer free-styling it, yet it is a commodity used by many vjs and there is an interest for it...and who knows, maybe one day i will use it, when i want to control things with 3 hands instead of 2, the 3rd being the A-fft-anal (not sure that made sense).

midi/keyboard controls like v2 - cool, necessary for me, thanx

in/out points - maybe i used once in the past - i prefer to plan my videos-decks ahead of performance time, meaning i prepare my clips to length/sections i want (outisde of R), but maybe one day i'll need to change on the fly...

when time permits will give more feedback on likes/issues...the "dashboard" concept is very, very cool - thanx

merci for replying back and the hardwork

yours truly,
a faithful fan ;)