Resolume 3.0.1 Released

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
gradek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Resolume 3.0.1 Released

Post by gradek »

GeeEs wrote:Sorry for the delay... here is a short guide for using the wormhole2 plugin for line-in recording with Avenue.

Hey GeeEs,

I tested this today and it worked like a charm. I had the audio drop out a few times, but I think my MBP was a bit overloaded, running ablton, & live with the plugin, and recording the results. But overall works good. I will try it again see how often it drops out later .

Thanks again for the tutorial.
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

inzieye

Post by inzieye »

Hi,

RESOLUME Avenue crash everytime I close it. For the moment I'm just trying the soft with different kind of files (DXV) and there's no problem. But when I close R3 it crashes.

I continue experimentations and send you my impressions.

I use a MacBookPro (not unibody) Intel Core 2 Duo 2,5 Ghz, 2 Go 667 Mhz DDr2 SDRAM, GEFORCE 8600M GT.

TX

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Do you have OSC input turned on in the preferences? This can sometimes cause a crash when closing Resolume 3 on the mac. This will be fixed in the next free update.

inzieye

Post by inzieye »

Yes, I have.

I will try without. Thanks for your quickly answer.

Still testing Resolume on Mac.

all the best

mandawah
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by mandawah »

Hi there,

On windows XP SP3, latest Resolume also crahes evertime I quit the program with one file playing.

To reproduce it, I just have to open Resolume / click on any clip thumbnail, click on the x window button, say OK to "would you like to exit", then I got the error reporting sutff from windows.

Rgds.-
Last edited by mandawah on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:05, edited 1 time in total.

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

Okay...
Next month we are completing one year since Avenue first release.
I bought the package and one year after that I still can´t use it. Reason: lots of my work is Flash based.
That just makes me feel terrible.
We were told that Flash compability would be Edwin´s first goal after the first release. I believed that.
One year!!!
Sorry, yes, I am upset.
When are we going to have a Flash enable version of Avenue, please!!??

doublethink
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by doublethink »

Wow - thanks for the wormhole tip -

I have tried it using ableton feeding wormhole in Resolume on the same MBP and it works a treat - now I can record the sequence complete with the sound from Ableton! Yay!

Resolume creates a seperate Video and Audio track which I now need to stitch back together - does anyone know of a lightweight (free) tool for doing this? Firing up FCP is a pain...

gradek

Post by gradek »

you can embed in the audio track into the video clip with quicktime pro. just open both files in quicktime pro. then set the in and out markers of the audio track to the full length. then click copy. go to your video track, make sure the playhead is in the start position. and then click on edit, and select "add to movie" then make sure to save your file. I usually save it under a different name in case something goes wrong. Make sure you save the file as a self contained movie and not a referenced movie.

Hope that helps. without quicktime pro it won't work. but if you have finalcut then you have quicktime pro.
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

doublethink
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by doublethink »

Wow thanks for the swift reply and the genius solution!

Just what i needed - works like a dream.

Thanks again!

gradek

Post by gradek »

No problem, that quicktime pro method of combining audio and video is great, quicktime won't re-compress the files either, a huge problem with most other software (even FCP unless you change the sequence video settings). Since the .mov is a container format as long as both the source video and audio are compatible quicktime file formats it works good. I have also pasted several different video formats in one long stringout of video, but it gets bit tricky with multiple video files that use different codecs, I have had some strange results when reading the file with other apps. But it works.