Version 3.1 actually less stable?

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

We are receiving reports that version 3.1 is actually less stable than 3.0.1. We also experienced this first-hand saturday night while VJ-ing at a party in The Hague. We are very sorry for this bad release. We suspect something must have snuck in at the last moment as we and our beta testers were actually really happy with the stability improvements we made. Again we appologise for this release, we are working hard to get it fixed as soon as possible.

If you are experiencing crashes then please send us the Resolume log file. It contains vital information that can help us find the problem sooner. mail@resolume.com

MAC: /Users/[username]/Library/Logs/Resolume Avenue 3 log.txt
PC: C:/Documents and Settings/[username]/Application Data/Resolume/Resolume Avenue 3 log.txt

gdlt
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Version 3.1 actually less stable?

Post by gdlt »

just downloaded it, my version crashes at start up, no problems with 3.01

So i'm back to 2.41 again.
Hope you solve this problem soon cause i can't wait to start using resolume3

doomss
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by doomss »

I had a lot of crashes during 4 or 5 hours of playing... =((
MacBookPro wz MacOS 10.5.8...

emidia

Post by emidia »

NO. Not for me.
I've used it on my last gig 14-17 on Otroda Reggae Fest in Poland. 3 days ( 14h/day ) of working and i've got only one bug - after first start i've got framerate drop for something like 15 minutes ( from 45-60 fps to 12-16fps), after that everything worked like a charm :)
I hope that it will be like that and it will work so smooth for all my gigs and all the time.
So long story short....
Improvement from v3.01 to 3.1 is like.... HUGE. :geek: - everything works fast and smooth. First time after more than the year when i've paid for res3 and 2.41 package i can honestly say that i've got what i've paid for ... so thank you guys.

I HAVE TO SAY THAT REGGAE MUSIC AND OSTRODA REGGAE FEST LOVES AVENUE 3.1
Or maby avenue worked so well because of good vibes from roots reggae style :)

my specs:
PC
XP Prof
Intel E8500
geforce 9600
4gb DDR2
2x500gb sata 7200rpm 32 cache
picvid codec ( 800x600 and 1024x768 )

Jah Bless

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by GeeEs »

@ emidia...
Great to hear this positive story! Sounds like a great festival and visuals to me ;)

How about yor flash playback? Did you had any "stutters" in the flash playback? (out of the box/without any tweaks on process priority settings...?)

Just curious, because it seems that some users do have these issues with 3.1 ...
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

i gave new the release a bit of a run the other day, i didnt experience any stability issues, but i did experience a slow down when using flash files which i cured with the "priority trick"

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

ah, yeah, issues for me too, particularly with sound crashing:

IN CLIP WITH VIDEO & AUDIO:
when i change the the volume from basic to timeline, or link it to the dashboard and then i move the volume timeline to the maximum volume (farthest right), the sound cuts-out, not only in that clip, but in the whole composition...then i have to restart avenue.

besides your "preparing media (audio)" manual section, do you have any other recommendations for sound in general, like muting other channels, etc.? also, is "sound interleave (1/2 sec., 1 sec., etc.)" necessary or not (adobe premiere export audio wave settings for playing and accessing sound, ram and all that jazz).

ps: however, the dashboard controls AND the transport movement/scratching is definitely better, thanx!

ps2: will send log file soon...bon courage
2013 - Present: Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop, Win 7 sp1, Nividia GeForce GT 650M
2008 - 2012: Dell Vostro 1700 laptop, Win XP sp3, Nividia GeForce 8600M GT
2004 - 2008: Mini PC ITX...
Official Website: http://www.juliemeitz.com

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

juLiE wrote:ah, yeah, issues for me too, particularly with sound crashing:

IN CLIP WITH VIDEO & AUDIO:
when i change the the volume from basic to timeline, or link it to the dashboard and then i move the volume timeline to the maximum volume (farthest right), the sound cuts-out, not only in that clip, but in the whole composition...then i have to restart avenue.
well, i just did a test today and it's NOT CRASHING...very sorry...maybe it's because i was trying both 3.0.1 & 3.1 one after another to see if the problem happened in both which i recall it did, but...

will send both log files anyway.
2013 - Present: Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop, Win 7 sp1, Nividia GeForce GT 650M
2008 - 2012: Dell Vostro 1700 laptop, Win XP sp3, Nividia GeForce 8600M GT
2004 - 2008: Mini PC ITX...
Official Website: http://www.juliemeitz.com

digital:snot

Post by digital:snot »

have yet to try the new version... ( 3.01 has been solid for my show, and i'm to lazy to jump into 3.1 :D ) ... not to start a war...(really...) but could it be a windows/osx thing?

doomss

Post by doomss »

Yesterday I returned to the 3.0.1 and I had no crashes at all during my 3 hours set. :geek: