Great news from the FreeFrame front!

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
edwin
Team Resolume

Great news from the FreeFrame front!

Post by edwin »

Finally there seems to be a wave of creativity on the FreeFrame front. We were afraid that after the great success of FreeFrame classic (thanx Jaymis for the nomenclature), FFGL, the younger, quicker and better looking brother, didn't seem to be picked up by a lot of people.
We have been adding more and more plugins in every point release of version 3 we made in the last year, so at least people have a decent base to work with. Of course it would be nice if there were some more plugins to choose from.

In the last few weeks big steps have been taken to make it easier for developers to create plugins.
So here are the goodies, take what you like and let us know your experiences.
OFSOURCEExample.png
OFSOURCEExample.png (534.47 KiB) Viewed 19654 times
OpenFrameworks ofxFFGlPlugin add-on
Daniel Berio made an OpenFrameworks wrapper that converts your OF projects to FFGL plugins.
Use the versatile and developer friendly OF libraries to create plugins within minutes, Daniel's add-on is plug and play, an example for a source and effect plugin are included.
http://code.google.com/p/ofxffglplugin/

FFGL wrapper for FreeFrame classic from BigFug
A lot of people want to use their favorite FreeFrame plugins in version 3 of Resolume. With Alex May's (BigFug) FFGL wrapper now you can. So the all time popular plugins from Pete Warden http://www.petewarden.com/ can now be used in Avenue.

Check the vjforums post from Alex
http://bit.ly/8Z3EGP

and the CDM post
http://createdigitalmotion.com/2010/03/ ... gwrappergl

FFGL fugStream plugin from BigFug
This plugin enables you stream the output of a FFGL/FreeFrame classic host to another. Connect Resolume 2, Vjamm or vvvv to Resolume 3 or vice versa.
http://bit.ly/dkRrHD

FFGL fugCompilerGL plugin
Alex has been busy, check out this cool plugin.
If you fancy creating your own FFGL plugin, but don't want to mess about with C compilers, then this one is for you.
fugCompilerGL allows you to create your own FFGL plugins by just writing vertex, fragment, and geometry shaders.
http://bit.ly/8Z3EGP

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Great news from the FreeFrame front!

Post by gpvillamil »

Wow, awesome.

All of this is great news. I had been wrestling with FFGL and Open Frameworks, and the new toolkit really helps!

bigfug
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by bigfug »

There's a new version of fugWrapperGL out (1.0.2) which fixes all of the currently reported issues.

Enjoy.

Best wishes,

Alex

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by HerrNieDa »

i just tried the wrapper.. seems to work so far that i have the effects in the list, but they don't do anything in resolume!
there is also a source and 2 normal fug ffgl plugins... i tried around but did'nt get it...
what am i missing? :oops:
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

“This app has failed to start because swscale-0.dll was not found. Reinstalling this app may fix the problem.”

I am running Win7 x64 and Resolume 3.1.3 with fugWrapperGL 1.0.4

By the way: I had to turn off the UAC (user account control) to run the batch. Right clicking and running as administrator didn’t do the job.

Anyway: THX so far. Looking forward to seeing this piece develop.

edit: just throw the files into the resolume install dir and it'll work just fine.
Last edited by Tschoepler on Fri Apr 09, 2010 13:10, edited 2 times in total.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

francoe

Post by francoe »

Great!
There's a new release of the wrapper that Im trying right now.
Cuz the early versions doesn't work with the pete plugins. In facts, just work with a couple of plugins.
But the last week I spend several hours trying to code some shades, and I enjoy it a lot. That compiler is an awesome tool.

craftycurate

Post by craftycurate »

Tschoepler wrote:“This app has failed to start because swscale-0.dll was not found. Reinstalling this app may fix the problem.”

I am running Win7 x64 and Resolume 3.1.3 with fugWrapperGL 1.0.4

By the way: I had to turn off the UAC (user account control) to run the batch. Right clicking and running as administrator didn’t do the job.

Anyway: THX so far. Looking forward to seeing this piece develop.
The HTML help file explains how to install properly - I had this problem initially but I had not spotted the Help file.
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB

meerkat82
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by meerkat82 »

I can't even see the list of effects. I've followed the directions in the helpfile & installed the update. When I run the batch file I can see that access is being denied to the .dll files. If I run the batch file as an administrator I see a "do copy" command and address. I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

francoe

Post by francoe »

meerkat82 wrote:When I run the batch file I can see that access is being denied to the .dll files.
Can you be more specific about that?
Im not in win7, so.. maybe a windows warning about ejecution rights?

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

meerkat82 wrote:I can't even see the list of effects. I've followed the directions in the helpfile & installed the update. When I run the batch file I can see that access is being denied to the .dll files. If I run the batch file as an administrator I see a "do copy" command and address. I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
As I mentioned earlier: you have to turn of the UAC (User Account Control) before starting the batch. Maybe it works with the "elevate" command, haven't checked yet.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████