Max for Live Resolume Patches

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
XstaticVisuals
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Running the AV show on just one MacBookPro

Post by XstaticVisuals »

This all sounds like serious awesomeness, but would one be able to run the AV show with Ableton controlling Resolume on just one MacBookPro.

That would be absolutley amazing.

Thanks for everyone's contributions to this thread.

leolodreamland
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Max for Live Resolume Patches

Post by leolodreamland »

shouldn't be a problem. i wouldn't run tons of vsti plugins in ableton. render it down to audio if possible. of course it depends on the spec of the mbpro. max out your ram.

VM_Nexus

Post by VM_Nexus »

Can anyone tell me how to get the parameter forwarder to work with dummy midi clips? I have it set to watch a macro knob - if I turn the knob physically then it changes the parameter in both Live and Avenue. If I trigger the dummy clip then I can visually see the knob's position changing in Live (e.g. working normally as far as I can tell - the same way you'd do dummy clips for audio fx) but no signal is sent to Avenue.

oniromante

Post by oniromante »

This m4l paches are awesome,however i have experienced this BIG ISSUE Parameter Forwarder:
1)when i turn my knob in korg nanokontrol i send a cc midi order from 1 to 127,but in parameter forwader i can only get values o or 1.I have seen in the demo video the same values in both secctions of parameter values,and i can´t get that at all.I have tried korg kontrol editor without success.
In the midi secction i see 110 and in the osc section i see 0.7 for example
2)so i can´t get middles values for example in opacity slide in resolume,when i turn the knob i only see everything black or everything opaque.i can´t get proporcional ratio between midi and osc

thanks for the help and excuse my english
i love this tool y really need help

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hi Oniromante

1. OSC signals need to be a value between 0 and 1, where MIDI signals are usually in the range 0...127. So the parameter forwarder will do some math to 'translate' the values to something OSC can work with. So 110 on MIDI could well mean something like 0.7 on OSC (probably something closer to 0.85, but you get the idea).
2. This shouldn't be the case. If you send a mail to mail@resolume.com, describing your setup, we can see if we can solve your problem.

Joris

oniromante

Post by oniromante »

Hi goto 10
thanks for your help.I will send that mail because i am really mad about this tool.
My setup is one pc with ableton and another pc with resolume in local network.I use audiobox presonus driver on audio pc with korg nanokontrol and asio4all driver in visual pc with resolume.Soon i will try to do this in just one pc...i dont know if this issue could be because of the network.The other m4l patches for resolume works great in my setup.
thanks again

leolodreamland
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by leolodreamland »

Mattijs wrote:Regarding bundles: it's not hard to modify the idiron patches to support this.
no but it is hard to modify touchosc to support it. please enable auto detection of bundles in resolume, once again!

oniromante

Post by oniromante »

Finally i could solve my problem.i am a new osc user so i was making this mistake:when i copy the osc order from resolume,for example "/composite/video/effect1/param1/values f "to ableton parameter forward i copy the whole order and i was having trouble but is i copy only "/composite/video/effect1/param1/values" without "f" (from float i supose) is working right..so it was that...thanks a lot for reading and for the help.It is working really really fast,much better than midi rewire with midiyoke!!!Awesome!!!It is working also with m4l patch for midi clock through osc,so at last i could do some own visuals.

this is my first visual (without effects but just wait for the second!!!)

http://dbr3d.blogspot.com/2011/12/3d-monome.html

Borister

Post by Borister »

In the video there was a short hint of using the parameter forwarder to control the playhead. What do you think he was referring to that controls the playhead for the Ableton side? Is there any way to forward the Ableton playhead position to the playhead in Resolume? I know that the clip launcher does that, but if I set the cue point in Ableton, it does not translate to Resolume, even if I use the same exact mov file in both programs. Is there a way to 'lock' the playheads together via the parameter forwarder?

pbs99

Post by pbs99 »

these m4l patches are fantastic!!!

+1 on the playhead/clip linking. would love to do clip mashing linked to cue points in resolume.... how cool would that be!

i'm trying to figure out a way to link the crossfaders in ableton and resolume via OSC. Has anyone done this successfully via these patches(i'm using an APC40)?