Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Post by Joris »

VCV, please contact us directly for your upgrade options.

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

goto10 wrote:I may be going out on a limb here, but if you're doing such advanced mapping that you require these additional tools, but can't afford the additional costs in one or two shows, maybe you should talk to the promotor again. You're pulling of something that very few people understand how to do, and that is something that should be rewarded.
this is actualy a pretty reasonable statement. some things should cost a little more, otherwise too many people give them away for little / nothing, which in the end does nobody any good.

if you need it, you will pay for it ( that stands for both promoters and performers )

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

VJair wrote:
goto10 wrote:I may be going out on a limb here, but if you're doing such advanced mapping that you require these additional tools, but can't afford the additional costs in one or two shows, maybe you should talk to the promotor again. You're pulling of something that very few people understand how to do, and that is something that should be rewarded.
this is actualy a pretty reasonable statement. some things should cost a little more, otherwise too many people give them away for little / nothing, which in the end does nobody any good.

if you need it, you will pay for it ( that stands for both promoters and performers )
I couldn't agree more with what you's are saying. - think of how many mapping gigs your getting and you'll realise that for every job you work Arena will cost X amount. If i take into consideration how much i paid for res 3 when it came out and how much I've used it im laughing. it works out some at some crazy price and dare i say cheap. I look at Resolume as an investment. to me its essentially an instrument.

The other good thing is it gets updated, chances are -please correct me if im wrong im just going off what Res 3 was like - a few new features will be added here and there with these updates.

anyways just my thoughts on it :)

I wish i needed Arena... i wish i was mapping but im not. anyways sept 19th... come on :)

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

I don't know about prices, is all very far from my pocket right now. So I can't judge it.
Im just starting to see the promo video, and the first thing that come to my mind is: 'oh, I love you guys'.
But then, I see that you solved the pipeline render order thing about masking and think that need to add some punch in the sentence. 'oh, I fucking love you guys!' seems to be a better choice.

digital:snot
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by digital:snot »

i "agree" with other people... you should make all future upgrades free ...um...and program your products pro bono...you know... for the good of humanity... it is immoral how you offer additional features at an additional charge...*sarcasm*

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

goto10 wrote: I'm afraid I can actually be short about your list, because none of these feature requests have made it into R4. It's not that we think they're bad ideas (we've actually done quite a bit of work on copying properties), they just weren't a priority for this release.
Oh. I've to admit that I feel a bit disappointed about it.
Implementing longer loops shouldn't be much work, isn't it? And it would have helped immensely. I mean you guys took care of the very special cases of 2/3 and 2/6 beats, but no 8 beat loops. Huh? I might be a bit frustrated here, cause there is no work-around for it. (As there is for the lack of cue points.) And for the horizontal scroll bar .. well, if at least the mouse wheel would ...

Anyway. For the license questions, I will contact you per mail. Thanks for the quick response.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

grrr.
@VCV: ...but first...enjoy the new awesome product! ......enjoy in....tree...two...one....ENJOY GO! ;)
Last edited by cosmowe on Sat Sep 03, 2011 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

fgoulet
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by fgoulet »

Anything in version 4 to facilitate the use of Avenue with a touch screen ?

Thanks

machfox
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by machfox »

thanx and congratulations for this software. And the support thru email and forum.
It was an investment and i also justify cost on per gig breakdown. I will be using for band performance/vj/audio visual installations so this is very flexible creative tool. I will upgrade from Res 3 and want to try auto pilot in live band set-up.