Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Post by Joris »

GuruMeditation wrote:Is avenue 4 will allow to play multiple format ? (h264, mpeg2/4, etc...) ?
H264 and most other flavours of Mpeg-4 are actually already supported in R3. They're a sure fire way to make your system unstable though, so we highly advise against it.
SystemD wrote:Is it possible to upgrade from Resolume 2 to Resolume 4 directly, because i've two licenses (Resolume 2 and Resolume 3)
For such personal questions, please contact us directly and we'll see if we can work something out for this.
basvcds wrote:i feel they could have been needed in v3 updates. Could you eleborate on why moving up to the next version?
R3 is a piece of software written with a specific set of functions in mind, mostly different than R2.41. We've improved the workflow for it as much as we could over the past three years, and it's a good live tool as it stands. Even though the interface largely looks the same, the new features for R4 are essentially features that were never planned as a part of R3, and that have been developed over the last year, for a large part taking into account user requests.
mzo wrote:Can Resolume 4 output clip names over OSC?
No. We have done some experiments with this, but it's not going to be part of this release.
VJair wrote: there was a mention of something that might decrease the amount of screen tearing
The V-Sync has been rewritten for this release.

GuruMeditation
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by GuruMeditation »

Attachment related : is that simply the filename or can we stream directly from Youtube ???
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (34.75 KiB) Viewed 14488 times

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

That's just the filename, there is no YouTube streaming in Res4 :-( If you absolutely have to use YouTube content (maybe because it's just too hilarious to pass up ;-)), download and convert it to professional production codecs like DXV or PJpeg, and Linear PCM audio.

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

goto10 wrote:
VJair wrote: there was a mention of something that might decrease the amount of screen tearing
The V-Sync has been rewritten for this release.
fantastic news :) going to have to watch the preview vid a few times to take it all in as theres loads of new bits.

top work resolume team, cant wait to get my hands on it :)

Basic

Post by Basic »

Nice work guys and good video ;) can't wait for the 19th!!! - in fact its my birthday 4 days after... imagine that a license for by birthday... kidding guys but well done!!! look forward to using it!

Basic

Post by Basic »

cosmowe wrote::cry: there is nothing special! :cry:
JOKE..GODDAMMIT! :o :P :twisted: :D - A much cooler product then before!!!!
this actually made me laugh out loud. i literally lol'd haha :)

digital:snot
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by digital:snot »

VJair wrote:previously, there was a mention of something that might decrease the amount of screen tearing ( not sure what it was, maybe a fixed fps to avoid avenue output loosing sync with the graphics card? ) has it made it through to avenue 4?
screen tearing has been the biggest letdown in avenue... sadly relegating my use of avenue to smaller "effects only" screens... VERY pumped to hear about the rewritten V-Sync!

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

MUUUUUAAAAAHHHHWWWWSOME!

+1 :mrgreen:
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

edit: could I get my hands on the beta this weekend? I planed on editing my OHM2Resolume patch this weekend and I would love to implement the MIDI feedback already :D finally no more XML parsing :shock:
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

vjsjarcie
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by vjsjarcie »

Good work lads!

Looking forward to fiddle around with the beta.
Hopefully I can find enough spare-change to fill an Arena... :D