Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Post by pfelberg »

Congratullations to all Resolume team. A great release.

Yet, I am somewhat disappointed about my options.
I don´t need most of Arena capabilities, but the mapping tools. Avenue will not get those. ; (
Isn´t there a way to make the mapping options available to Avenue 4 users as a module?
Why have you guys decided that way?

tks

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

pfelberg wrote:Congratullations to all Resolume team. A great release.

I don´t need most of Arena capabilities, but the mapping tools. Avenue will not get those. ; (
Isn´t there a way to make the mapping options available to Avenue 4 users as a module?

tks
Try using IR Workshop's Mapio. It's a very powerful tool once you start getting creative with it.

Tecno`
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Tecno` »

pfelberg wrote:Congratullations to all Resolume team. A great release.

tks
I would have thought that it is the mapping tools that are the major difference in capability between Avenue 4 and Arena.

I guess it been done this way to keep the cost for most VJ's down while developing tools for more complex shows that compete with media servers such as the Hippo (which are vastly more expensive)

Tim

levon

Post by levon »

Wow, ive also been beta testing... and even the new features from the last version i was testing is amazing!

Great work guys!!!

Straight-Disorder
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Straight-Disorder »

Great, it seem to have some good new features ;)
just a question is that "Screen Warping & Video Mapping" and "Soft Edge" functions are included in the Avenue version or only in Arena version ?
If they are not included, I wonder if it is not more interesting to do the upgrade to 4 Avenue and buy the IR Mapio plugin, cheaper ... (don't need other media server features...)

As long as I am, how can we get an external signal that allows me to use a graphics tablet (Wacom Intuos type) directly into Resolume, is it even possible?

Thanx for all ;)
STRAIGHT DISORDER
[Audio-]Visual [Live] Works

contact@straight-disorder.net
http://www.straight-disorder.net

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

pfelberg wrote:I don´t need most of Arena capabilities, but the mapping tools. Avenue will not get those. ; (
Straight-Disorder wrote:just a question is that "Screen Warping & Video Mapping" and "Soft Edge" functions are included in the Avenue version or only in Arena version ?
The 'regular' masking and keystone features from Res3 are still included in Resolume Avenue 4. The new warping and soft edge features are Arena only.

We have decided this way so the 'average' VJ can keep costs down, and people that are operating in higher budget shows can choose to have a powerful tool at their disposal. I may be going out on a limb here, but if you're doing such advanced mapping that you require these additional tools, but can't afford the additional costs in one or two shows, maybe you should talk to the promotor again. You're pulling of something that very few people understand how to do, and that is something that should be rewarded.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Straight-Disorder wrote:As long as I am, how can we get an external signal that allows me to use a graphics tablet (Wacom Intuos type) directly into Resolume, is it even possible?
This is not really a good place for additional feature requests, especially since we've just spent a year on making a lot of new features already, and we'd like to focus on bringing those to you as quickly as possible. Having said that, direct tablet input is not likely to happen in Resolume 4.

mfo

Post by mfo »

New version looks very promising!
Copy/paste of clips in the grid is great, also the extended keystoning (although much can be done with IRMapIO already).

In the video are no infos about smaller improvements that actually would be main reason for me to switch to the new version. So, did the following things make it to R4?
- longer loops (8/16.. beats)
- more cue points
- midi assignable scrollbar (the horizontal one under the grid)
- copy over settings (bpm, cues, etc.) from one clip to another

Further i have some questions regarding a second license i have - who can i speak to (email address please)?

mfo

Post by mfo »

Oh and there was also, some time ago, a thread about the idea of being able to set cue points and similar in e.g. Adobe tools during editing (in xmp files). or storing clip settings in external files in general.
did something of this idea make it into R4?

Joris

Post by Joris »

Hey Mfo

I'm afraid I can actually be short about your list, because none of these feature requests have made it into R4. It's not that we think they're bad ideas (we've actually done quite a bit of work on copying properties), they just weren't a priority for this release.

You can always reach us at mail[at]resolume[dot]com.

Joris