Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
EyEsAw
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Post by EyEsAw »

Brilliant!
I'm so excited to get into projection mapping.
Could anyone explain what the 'pre-release' of Arena involves.
If I buy it now am I still entitled to updates and later versions?
What would be the advantage of holding on 'til the 'full' release later in the month?
Thanks, can't wait to start mapping.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

EyEsAw wrote:Brilliant!
Could anyone explain what the 'pre-release' of Arena involves.
Basically there are a few advantages to buying the pre-release:
-You get a discount. Arena costs €499,- now instead of €699,- in October. I could probably stop here ;-)
-You'll get a serial immediately, so you can start using the beta without watermark on Sept 19th.
-You also get an Avenue 3 license if you buy now, which remains active after the release of Resolume 4.
EyEsAw wrote:What would be the advantage of holding on 'til the 'full' release later in the month?
None, you're buying the same product, you just pay less and get more when you buy now :-D
fgoulet wrote:Anything in version 4 to facilitate the use of Avenue with a touch screen ?
If you're talking about specific multi touch features, we haven't implemented anything new for that, I'm afraid.
mfo wrote:Oh. I've to admit that I feel a bit disappointed about it.
Implementing longer loops shouldn't be much work, isn't it?
I'm sorry you feel disappointed. We do take your requests seriously, but we have to make very tough decisions on where to put priority. Precisely because of the fact that it *is* a lot of work to implement "small changes" like something as longer loops. It may look simple, but it's not like we can copy paste the code for the 4 bar loop, change the 4 to 8, and poof it's done. Aside from re-writing the code, you run the risk of breaking other functionality or the interface, and a lot of time is needed to test and possibly fix things when making even the slightest change.
svoboda wrote:I hope that it will work with the Vision RGB Capture Card....?
I'm afraid this request came to late in the game to do work on it. We have implemented native support for all BlackMagic input devices, so we highly recommend people looking into capture cards to go the BlackMagic route.

EyEsAw

Post by EyEsAw »

Ah, thanks for that goto10. I get ya now.
It's just like buy now pay later, but, in reverse, kinda.
The product isn't available until 19 sept but if we pay for it now we get a generous discount.
Cheers.
XxX

fruitygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

What about multi-gpu?

Post by fruitygreen »

What about multi-gpu? Is it implemented in Resolume4?

I would like to know.

I know that there was a seminar that covered multi-gpu over @Resolume HQ, but because of my geographic location (Hawaii) it was a little inconvenient .

Nonetheless , we all need to move forward so please tell me how to make use of a multi-gpu system in Resolume3 if Res4 has no implements.
Thanks so much.

FYI: my system will soon be Res4 centric.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Will the final release of R4 be a 64Bit software?

greetz
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

test12

Post by test12 »

Will MSEX be implemented on Arena for preview and clip thumbs on lighting consoles?

______
Test12

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: What about multi-gpu?

Post by Joris »

fruitygreen wrote:What about multi-gpu? Is it implemented in Resolume4?
I'm not quite sure what you're asking exactly. Resolume 3 has always been able to utilize more than one GPU. We do advise to use a single card with multiple outputs or a Matrox 2Go solution, because this means the GPUs don't have to swap textures back and forth. But it's always worked and this hasn't changed for Res 4. But maybe I misunderstand the question?
cosmowe wrote:Will the final release of R4 be a 64Bit software?
Resolume relies on Quicktime, which *still* is 32-bit for several key extensions (this doesn't mean Resolume 4 doesn't run on 64 bit systems by the way, it runs fine on Win7 64bit and OSX 10.6 and 10.7). I'm kind of curious as to what you think will be gained from having double precision on the CPU though?
test12 wrote:Will MSEX be implemented on Arena for preview and clip thumbs on lighting consoles
We're really keen on having this as a feature, along with DMX output. This is something for the long term though, and probably won't be part of the 4.x.x series of Arena.

stevelinus
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by stevelinus »

surely if it is still a 32bit application then it can only access the first 3gb of system memory? or am i just being really thick and not understanding 32 and 64 bit applications.

i know some of us have 64bit windows just for the sole purpose of being able to have loads of ram.

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Reading about the support of the Black magic dives (what is great btw.) - any support for the Matrox MXO mini on windows (win7, 64bit) in Res4? As far as I remember it was a subject of your research / work..

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

@goto10: just for the option to use more Ram! How much RAM can R3 or R4 max. use..."reserve"?
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar