Re: Introducing Resolume 4 Avenue & Arena

Post by jonek3d »

honestly,
many of listed features could be implemented into version 3 of resolume

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

I think when you actually use R4, you will realize the extent to which fundamental aspects of the program had to be rewritten/rebuilt. The UI has been kept similar, but there are a lot of new capabilities under the hood.
jonek3d wrote:honestly,

VCV
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by VCV »

I just want to comment about auto pilot ,THANK YOU for that but in the mean time why stop there ,such great disappointment.I am a Modul 8 user for years ,and I can say is great in many ways....I decided to get resolume but my big disappointment was that I can't change from one channel /column to the other....from A TO B and not only you can have C and D and automate in between in an automatic mod based on bpm or other settings ... I would like to see a button A and a button B integrated in the column and I want to automate that and assign columns to A and B with a transition if it is possible .... that's is making more sens for mixing purposes and live mixing.I want to build a column with elements and then assign that to another one and be able to mix ..... having the layer assignet it does not make a lot of sense because you can have only one clip at the time that you can assign to A and B channel.I want to build like in modul 8, 5 layers with elements on one channel A .....and another 5 layers with elements on B channel and then automate based on bpm or other setting. Resolume it is great in many ways but is missing so much from lack of those futures ....I am using modul 8 and for live it is great but it is got some limitations to .... it has only 5 layers per channel A and 5 layers on channel B .... right now resolume can be way ahead in this because you can have many layers on one channel or column and you can build more complex videos based on graphic elements and ad ons .But unfortunately I don't see any of those features implemented in resolume ,only partial A on one layer and a B on the other layer and all of this one at the time ... very basic.I own resolume and I hope I will see some of those futures in it ,because the workflow will be much easier and more powerful ,but for now I am sticking with modul 8 for live just because it makes more sens in mixing and building live on the spot my videos ....

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey VCV

You can assign as many layers to the A and B channels of the crossfader as you want. Aside from that, we appreciate any suggestions for improvement, but for now we'd like to focus on releasing Resolume 4 as fast as possible.

Joris

VCV

Post by VCV »

Another thing how it is going to be handled the upgrades from Avenue 3 with a license of DMX to upgrade to Arena.Any discounts ? I own 4 Resolume licences plus 2 DMX licences and I got the filling that I paid extra for something that is coming now only in Arena ,it is a bit of confusion in the upgrade pat don't you guy's agree.I recently got those 4 Avenue and those 2 DMX licenses in July and now the big surprise there is no upgrade pat for who ever got those DMX licenses ,because there are introduced in a new product Arena ,and also there is no upgrade from Avenue with DMX to Arena ....at all and it should be ,because those DMX licenses are not cheap and in the mean time who got them should have a cheaper price to upgrade to Arena .

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey VCV

We have an extra discount for people with a DMX and R3 license who want to upgrade to Arena. Please contact us directly at mail[at]resolume[dot]com.

Joris

jonek3d

Post by jonek3d »

gpvillamil wrote:I think when you actually use R4, you will realize the extent to which fundamental aspects of the program had to be rewritten/rebuilt. The UI has been kept similar, but there are a lot of new capabilities under the hood.
jonek3d wrote:honestly,

I ment "features" not an engine :)

however,
i see at the "Resolume 4 What's New Video" that bank switching is still slow, (look at time 0:18) when icons of footages refresh one by one.
I have i7 based machine and I don't feel comfortable when playback loose its 60fps to 5-10fps framerate while current bank is switched to another one.

VCV

Post by VCV »

goto10 wrote:Hey VCV

You can assign as many layers to the A and B channels of the crossfader as you want. Aside from that, we appreciate any suggestions for improvement, but for now we'd like to focus on releasing Resolume 4 as fast as possible.

Joris
Please read in between the lines ....
I know that I can assign as many layers to the A and B channels of the crossfader as i want but that is not the point I am making .... it is not the same,nothing it is automated from A TO B / based on bpm or other settings.And it will be easier to have columns as layers per channel A and B and maybe B and C and automate that thru certain settings.Don't you agree .... it is more powerful .

VCV

Post by VCV »

Sorry to be into you today but I have to .... : ) like this ,things are getting better for being critical and you guy's want that ...that makes a strong product and a strong company ,don't you agree ?
ONE MORE THING..... The upgrade pat for Arena .... I own 3 License of Avenue for 3 computers and one extra Avenue for 1 computer.I got them like that 3 and 1 ,it was set up like this on the web site Buy 3 Avenue for 3 computers and I got them like that ,......NOW the question is.... I do not see any upgrade pat for this 3 AVENUE for 3 Computers to 3 Arena for 3 computers.It is only from 1 Avenue to a greater nr. of Arena not from 3 Avenue to 3 Arena....usually when you get more at once you have a discount but I did not see that pat of upgrades for who ever got like me that package of 3 Resolume Avenue with 3 licences for 3 computers .... where is the upgrade for that ?

svoboda
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by svoboda »

I hope that it will work with the Vision RGB Capture Card....?

Please....