MacBook Pro mid 2014 Arena 6.1.2 crash

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Kaii808
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

MacBook Pro mid 2014 Arena 6.1.2 crash

Post by Kaii808 »

Hey guys. I have a MacBook Pro mid 2014 running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. I have downloaded the newest version of Arena, installed and now the program instantly crashes upon start up. I downloaded the latest version of Avenue and that works fine. Please help!

Kaii

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: MacBook Pro mid 2014 Arena 6.1.2 crash

Post by Zoltán »

First try removing the Arena.app from Applications/Resolume Arena 6 folder and re-install Resolume with an installer from our download page.

If that doesn't help, try renaming the Documents/Resolume Arena 6 folder, and start Resolume again.

If you see the crash reporter pop up, you can use it to send us the crash report with your email address, so we could get more insight on the reasons of the crash.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

I have a mid 2015 MacBook Pro with Retina Display, and I have had a similar thing starting yesterday.

I downloaded Resolume 6.1.2, did some messing around with NDI sources, then this morning Resolume would crash on startup.

I tried deleting the Preferences subfolder within the Resolume Arena 6 folder in Documents. After this, Resolume would start up, but it would show the Crash Reporter window. Every time. It seems like the "crashed last time" state was never cleared.

What worked for me was this:

1) Remove the Resolume Arena 6 folder from Documents (I just copied it to the Desktop, and renamed it)
2) Delete the Resolume Arena 6 app
3) Remove the Resolume Arena 6 folder from $USER/Library
4) Remove the Resolume Arena 6 folder from the System Library folder
5) Reinstall Resolume Arena 6 from an installer
6) Run the new install
6) Copy the Compositions subfolder from my backup in step 1) to the new Resolume Arena 6/Compositions folder in Documents

At this point everything seems to be running reliably. It seems like something got deeply corrupted in the Preferences somehow?

Kaii808
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Kaii808 »

Thanks for your reply! Ended up figuring out the problem. I had recently gotten a GTX1080 Ti eGPU box and mistakenly set ALL applications that use the internal gpu to run off of the eGPU only. Reset that and now Resolume starts up and runs like before. BUT, I had deleted all folders of old compositions and settings for Arena. :roll:

Thanks all for your help!!!