We find bugs and ....

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: We find bugs and ....

Post by Arvol »

What where you trying to achieve again? Sorry, it's been a min since I remember that conversation.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Also, if you hop over on the Slack channel I can see replies in real time :)

AEK
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by AEK »

Avrol, Here is this topic:
resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20365

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Pretty easy work around. I built this patch in less than 30 seconds. You can use other applications like Chataigne or even Bomes. There are ways to work around bugs :)
You can use the wildcard system in this example, and can even do custom math in it as well (like all clips in layer 2 get's x2 the BPM and all clips in layer 3 get /2 the BPM).

phpBB [video]

AEK

Post by AEK »

What is my mistake in this experiment? Changing the Beats value via OSC does not affect the clip animation speed. When manually changed, everything works fine.

https://yadi.sk/i/QWKCaE37HbTkEw
Arvol wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 01:30 I believe there is are 2 bugs in the current system.
The divide and the multiply parameters should have an int or float value from 0-1, However they are referencing a float from 0 - 1048576 (which is what the BPM +/- parameter is asking for).
When I try to send a 0-1 int Arena freezes as the beats are now set to "inf" (I have to manually kill Arena).
When I send out a 0-1 float, the buttons work, But it's double sending. 0-1 float get's a multiply or divide on the momentary press (1) and then it re-triggers on the release (0), so having a start beat of 4 if I press the divide button once (momentary), it goes from 4 to 1 (double played), when it should go from 4 to 2 (single play).
I've even tried adding in a 0-1 to a 0-1048576 remap in TD to see if I can send a value of just one, but 0.000000953675 is such a small number, even TD can't compute it lol.

@Zoltan, is this a bug, or should it be a 0-1048576 float for these params?

@AEK, What you're doing is right, in terms of trying to get the outcome you're after. I think it's just a bug atm. Sorry about that.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

From what I saw, you where able to change the beats via OSC at the end and that worked like expected.

AEK

Post by AEK »

This is not true. Resolume receives and displays changes to the Beats value by OSC. However, the animation speed does not change correctly. If you change the Beats value manually in the Resolume itself, everything works correctly.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

hmmm, looks like it doesn't., But,
/composition/selectedclip/transport/position/behaviour/speed
works

AEK

Post by AEK »

Yes. It works. But, it works only on the first deck. And as I said,in mode BPM SYNC it works with a noticeable jump in speed, not smoothly.

AEK

Post by AEK »

Hooray! On version 7.3.3 it became possible to work with commands like:
/ composition / layers / 3 / clips / * / transport / position / behavior / speed
When you switch decks, the commands continue to work. It is very good. We can assume that a workaround has been found and our problem has been partially solved.
Thanks to all!
:P :P :P :P