Locking advanced output slices to specific layers?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Optillusions
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Locking advanced output slices to specific layers?

Post by Optillusions »

Alloo there!

Couldn't find any info on this and not sure if I'm just missing that bit button right in front of me or something : P

So I have a whole bunch of mapping done in the advanced output, lots of individual slices coming from many layers. I've recently added a bunch of new clip layers to my composition and it's pretty unorganized now.

Problem is that when i change the hierarchy of the layers in the composition, the input sources for slices in the advanced output change accordingly. I guess the slice inputs are just looking at the layers in a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. way, instead of locking on to a particular layer.

Is there a way around this? Like being able to lock slice input sources to a specific clip layer, regardless if you change the hierarchy of the layers in the comp? Or do i need to just manually reassign each slice input source if I rearrange the layout of my layers in the comp?

Many thanks :)

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Locking advanced output slices to specific layers?

Post by Arvol »

There is currently an open ticket for this behavior. I feel you, when you have a lot of screens and you move a layer around, that makes re-organizing ASS a real pain.

Optillusions
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Optillusions »

Damn, thought that would be the case :/

Got a ton of slices and a bunch of spout screens and virtual screens routed in and out of the advanced output. This should be fun hehe.

I'll save the project as is and duplicate it, just in case i mess it up and have to revert back. Will also take screenshots... lots of screenshots.

Would be sweet if that became a feature. It's one of those things that isn't a big deal majority of the time but just makes the workflow so much smoother when it comes to something like this.

corlian
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by corlian »

I just ran into this issue (ack!). Is there any news about the status of this?