OSC layer on off slider

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

OSC layer on off slider

Post by Grimm90 »

Hi ,

Im trying to make 2 buttons in companion via OSC send integer to fade a layer in or out but im a bit confused about the difference between layer opacity slider and layer master slider.

I put my layer opacity parameter on timeline mode with a 3 second time, play once and hold + 'continue' selected as options.

I mapped the direction control forward and backward to my companion streamdeck (/composition/layers/1/video/opacity/behaviour/playdirection)

So this works , i press "layer 1 on" on my streamdeck and the opacity slider goes from 0 to 100 in 3 sec and stays there, same for turning off, that part is all fine.

Now every time i select a clip in that layer, the slider will jump to the other end and do its fade run and hold.
So for example layer 1 is at 100pct , i press a clip in layer one, it jumps to 0 and fades to 100 on 3. every time again.

Now i solved by using the same technique on the layer "master" fader and it works as i intended.
Its a bit annoying as the fader of the layer left of the clips stays in the same spot which is visually confusing.

I dont understand why a selection of a clip triggers this behaviour on the layer control or whats the difference between the opacity slider in the layer control and the master slider in the layer contorl ?
Thx !

Grimm90

Re: OSC layer on off slider

Post by Grimm90 »

No , its the same problem also with the master fader.
This does not make any sense to me.

Why does the selection of a clip, trigger the opacity fader control on OSC.

Would need some help on this quite urgently, this show is going to india tomorrow and the operator has to be able to run it from the streamdeck i program today
Attachments
Capture.PNG

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

How are the start settings set?
Attachments
Képernyőfotó 2022-05-16 - 9.41.24.png
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Grimm90

Post by Grimm90 »

Ow , thats a box that wasnt there few version ago ? I should make a habit or reading the manuals every 6 months , i used to read it for every numbered version.

So yeah might have been it, server is already in another part of the world i dont have access to it and they will have to manually fade in or out instead of using the streamdeck.

Is there like any premium number resolume hotline for like urgent problems , dont mind paying for it but like for when stuff is hot :D

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

All the cool kids read the release notes for all the new features ;)
No hotline but Slack is active (I typically reply within a few min of my phone getting pinged) and is a great resource for immediate help.

Grimm90

Post by Grimm90 »

Im doing my best to read release notes and all but sometimes i miss them:
I feel like there is just so much stuff like this coming at a person daily while i like to spend my time as much as possible making stuff instead of reading or posting :/
Makes me think i still got to read up on discord and reddit and telegram and that 2th mailbox also needs clearing up, ow look another 12 newsletters emails of various software or stuff im involved with, u get me ? :D