2 Resolume Arena OSC Problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
beatfix
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: 2 Resolume Arena OSC Problem

Post by beatfix »

I've had some success in the last week working with an OSC whitelist script that a friend wrote in Processing - it screens all OSC coming from the master computer and only passes commands to the slave computer which contain the whitelist terms. I've managed to slave-control a second copy of Res this way pretty effectively so far, and work around the black-screen bug. There are still quirks, such as the fact that clip triggering only works when Beat Snap is set to something other than "none", but it's an encouraging start. If others would like to give it a try, let me know, and I'll upload when I've had a bit more testing time with it.

- j

beatfix

Post by beatfix »

OK, I have received a request for the code, and I got a bit more testing time in. It's definitely not bug free or feature complete, but hopefully it will be of use to some of us before Res5 is released and solves all our problems :)
Attachments
OSCFilterForwarder.zip
(3.27 KiB) Downloaded 550 times

dun_panic

Post by dun_panic »

beatfix wrote:OK, I have received a request for the code, and I got a bit more testing time in. It's definitely not bug free or feature complete, but hopefully it will be of use to some of us before Res5 is released and solves all our problems :)
sorry, can u give me an explaination on how to use this file.

renequin
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by renequin »

I have exactly the same trouble... i'm windows 7 x64 user and i have one machine with Nvidia Gtx 560 and the other machine with a Ati Firepro card... with windows 7 x64 too... If OSC doesn't work how we can use "Resolume Arena 4 Media Server" in multiple machines? i have the license for 2 machines and now i can't use the sync in my sistem :cry:

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

renequin wrote:I have exactly the same trouble... i'm windows 7 x64 user and i have one machine with Nvidia Gtx 560 and the other machine with a Ati Firepro card... with windows 7 x64 too... If OSC doesn't work how we can use "Resolume Arena 4 Media Server" in multiple machines? i have the license for 2 machines and now i can't use the sync in my sistem :cry:

OSC does work, it just wasn't made to sync up systems at the moment. If you scroll up two posts OSCFilterForwarder.zip actually gets around the osc problem. If you want other ways to sync multiple computers smpte is the best bet or just split a midi signal.

dun_panic

Post by dun_panic »

N how to use that file exactly? Theres huge show next week its stress me up

beatfix

Post by beatfix »

@dun_panic If you give me a more specific question I may be able to help, but trying to generally answer "how does it work" will take more time than I have to spare. Are you familiar with how to run Processing scripts? Did you already read the (admittedly minimal) howto.txt?

beatfix

Post by beatfix »

I have yet to try the script at a gig (though I may get a low-key opportunity this weekend), but I've already found one nice use for it - setting up a composition on multiple computers at once.

I've never actually ported a composition from one machine to another before, so I don't know how much pain that brings with it, but it's really nice with OSC to watch all of the settings / layer names / clip names magically copy themselves from one machine to another.

- j

beatfix

Post by beatfix »

New version of the OSC whitelist script - this one fixes an error in Processing related to OSC messages being too big. It's still a bit fidgety - if you pass through too many OSC values at once there can still be problems - but it's much more robust than the previous version. It appears this version of the script will be going out on tour very soon, so we'll get a proper testing of it in a live environment - fingers crossed.

- j
Attachments
OSCFilterForwarder_021114.zip
(3.33 KiB) Downloaded 543 times

dun_panic

Post by dun_panic »

beatfix wrote:@dun_panic If you give me a more specific question I may be able to help, but trying to generally answer "how does it work" will take more time than I have to spare. Are you familiar with how to run Processing scripts? Did you already read the (admittedly minimal) howto.txt?

sorry..im not familiar with the process..