Missing codecs - How do I fix it?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
martie
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Missing codecs - How do I fix it?

Post by martie »

I recently reinstalled my notebook and it contains no software except the most basic stuff like W7, Resolume Avenue 4.1.3, Firefox and 7Zip.

Now I wanted to VJ next Thursday and I found out several files aren't working anymore. A collection of some file extensions: *.avi, *.mov, *.flv *.swf, *mpeg.

In the past I used K-lite Codec Pack and most of my files worked in Resolume. However there were recommendations that I shouldn't use the codec pack anymore. So I went installing a few other software packages. I installed Adobe Flash Player, Apple Quicktime and DivX Player. Still many files (also demofiles from Resolume itself) won't work.

Can someone recommend me some software so my Resolume Avenue will play most files?
Many thanks in advance!

Yours,
Martie
Last edited by martie on Thu Jan 17, 2013 09:32, edited 1 time in total.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Missing codecs - How do I fix it?

Post by Joris »

If the Resolume demo files don't even play, there is something seriously wrong on your system. Can you contact us with your logfile?

martie

Post by martie »

When I start Resolume I can open the Demofiles, Demofiles + Audio but I can't open the Flashfiles (*.swf).

I found out that *.mov allmost allways works :D but files like *.avi mostly not. The missing codec is often DIV2 .I Installed it with a *.inf file and still after a restart I won't work in Resolume. The same goes with the *.swf files. I installed Adobe Flash and Adobe Shockwave and still after a restart I can't drag/select clips from my folders into the deck. My deck item just stays empty.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

If you want to solve your file loading problems, just convert everything to .mov with DXV encoding. We developed DXV especially with this in mind. Don't even bother with .avi files.

For Flash, it's best to install Flash Player for Internet Explorer, this fixes most issues with Flash playback in Resolume as well.

martie

Post by martie »

I tried to convert some Avi files (with DIV2 codec) to *.mov files (with DXV codec). However my mov files all turned out to be black - No image or what so ever. I really really want everything in *mov format because I know it works. Tnx for your response! :)