Akai APC40 - Anyone have a Midi Map?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
deemyze
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Akai APC40 - Anyone have a Midi Map?

Post by deemyze »

Hi, I am a total newbie at using Resolume.

I am trying to use an APC40 with Resolume. Does anyone have any Midi Mpas or sugestions on how to set this up with Resolume?

theLABVisuals
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Akai APC40 - Anyone have a Midi Map?

Post by theLABVisuals »

If your considering lighting it up like a christmas tree then have a look at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9915
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

deemyze

Post by deemyze »

thank you.. I have a APC40 and a Novation right now... Am likely going to keep the APC40 for when I play music live and try to see if I can get a midi map for the novation to trigger visuals when I play live. I haven't found one for the Novation launchpad and am surprised thee isn't a section on Resolumes site for just midi maps..

Anywhere that you know of?

Also, I am a total newbie at visuals.. where should I start.. any sites?

Also where could I see some of your work?

Best,
Carlos da Silva | Mean Streets

thedawjones

Post by thedawjones »

Hey Carlos,
I saw both of your posts regarding midi maps for apc and launchpad.
Are you familiar with the basics of midi mapping? It is very easy to create your own maps,
and it is covered on pg. #45 in the manual.
If this is confusing (which it can be) and you still need help, let me know.
Good Luck,
The DAW Jones

deemyze

Post by deemyze »

Thanks for replying...It is a bit confusing.

I am a music producer with several dozen records out (with various Monikers) and would like to start incorporating some visual element in shows.

I was hoping for some premade templates as my brain is already so saturated with the APPS I own and use such as Logic and Ableton Live. I did not realize how all this video stuff truly is a whole new field with it;s on language and terminology.

I bought both Resolume and CellDNA hoping for something simple to use with the Launchpad but I am seeing way more support for APC40 (which I have but am using for a music) I would love to avoid having to buy another heavy piece of gear so I was hoping to use the Lauchpad if possible as it is light and I now own one of them.

If you have templates for any of this stuff or know a site I can get them I would super appreciate the help.. Again thanks for replying..

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Here is a simple template for the APC40 to get you started. It's a simple battle/crossfader layout, with support for 5 layers and room for customization.
APC40_template.png
Attachments
APC40Template.zip
(293.18 KiB) Downloaded 3684 times

digitalgigalow

Post by digitalgigalow »

Goto10. Thanks for the APC40 mapping file. I have a question for you. how to I get to the midi mapping section to map auto play on layers. I am new to this and converted from TouchOSC to the APC40 and this is my first time trying to midi map Resolume.

THANK YOU!!!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

1. Read the keyboard and midi mapping chapters of the manual.
2. Enter application midi mapping mode.
3. Change the focus to layer or deck, depending on what you need.
4. Click on the control you want to assign to your midi controller, in your case this would be the autopilot play forward button.
5. Press the button on your controller you want to assign.
6. Exit midi mapping mode.
7. Wonder why you thought this was so difficult.

caris3

Post by caris3 »

Goto10. Thanks for your apc40 template. Do you have a suggestion for how to set up a page forward and back function for the 'trigger clips' buttons on the controller to trigger columns beyond 1-8 (9-16, 17-24, etc.)?

Joris

Post by Joris »

Resolume does not support a 'clip trigger grid' like this.

If you want to access more than the first 8 assigned columns, you will have to resort to Bomes wizardry.

BTW, generally this limitation forces you to keep deck size down to around 40 clips per deck, which greatly improves stability and deck switching speeds.