[solved] mapping bug with 4.1.3

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
registred
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

[solved] mapping bug with 4.1.3

Post by registred »

Hello,
I've upgraded from 4.1.1 to 4.1.3 and now everytime I unplug my video output and plug it again it messes with my video mapping (even if i've saved it). I obviously use the same resolution and it looks like I've done my mapping with another one. I've experienced it on a recent macbook pro with the latest OS X (with almost nothing installed on it since I've bought it last week) and also on my old macbook pro with snow leopard. It works well with 4.1.1 so I've downgraded it.

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: mapping bug with 4.1.3

Post by pfelberg »

I dare to guess that I wouldn´t consider this a mapping bug related to Resolume as a top issue in this case. Even if it is working fine with 4.1.3.
It is most likely a Mac issue on top of it.
I have similar problems sometimes, freezing Resolume when for some reason I need to disconnect my output cabling. This is not an advisable action. I think they (Resolume Team) do not expect anyone to do so during a gig.
Sometimes my Mac also changes the second display device to "mirror" without my notice and I just get crazy trying to find out what´s wrong.
Resolume will adapt and work with what is available as a second display device. Anyway, you have to select OUTPUT again and point the output to the proper display device once it is reconected. And also, opening the Advanced Output so the saved mapping options can be applied.

Sometimes, when you reconect your projector (output) cabling, Mac OS do not necessarily uses the same resolution it was set before. You need to check that and change it back as desired.

registred

Post by registred »

Thanks for your answer but I still think it's a problem when you have to unplug your video out to let other vjs do there work and plug it back after to be able to do again yours and all the mapping you've done is completely wrong. I must add that the problem appears when I unplug in resolume and also if i unplug after I exit resolume.
And it's not mac related or at least a misused of the OS. I know how to deal with mirror display or resolution. As I said earlier I use the same resolution when I plug back but it looks like I'm not.
It works in 4.1.1 and not 4.1.3 and I tried it with 2 different version of the OS and 2 different machine. So I think I can call it a bug or a maybe a misused of resolume since I'm a newbie but why would it work on 4.1.1 then ?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We do take your issue seriously, but if you want us to help you, you will need to provide more info: composition resolution, output resolution, pictures of your slice setup before and after unplugging, etc. Feel free to contact us directly.

Right now there's nothing anyone can say about it, because we do not know what's actually happening.

registred

Post by registred »

I don't doubt that you take my issue seriously :)
I will upload screenshot and more information later today
Thanks

registred

Post by registred »

Hi,
Sorry for the delay. I've not resolved my problem but I know where it come from now and it's not from Resolume. I've made some test with different VPs and it seems that my problems come from a faulty VP because I've only be able to reproduce it on that one VP, it went well with the others.
I haven't be able to test it on the exact same VP to know if it comes from that particular model though.

movebandit
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by movebandit »

I think your Problems is a wrong AutoSetup of the Projector. Try the following: Connect to the Projector with a Fullscreen Signal without any mapping / distortion. Do your mapping. Disconnect. Before reconnecting: Again a Fullscreen Signal to let the Projector adjust again, then load your mappping. Should work, but is probably difficult in a running show..;-)

registred

Post by registred »

Thanks for the tip ! It makes sense. I hope I won't see that problem again but if I do I could try your solution 8-)