Preview Monitor Glitch

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
gradek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Preview Monitor Glitch

Post by gradek »

I have a small, but annoying problem with the preview monitor in Resolume 4. I have a project that has an odd sized vertical composition 640x1920 to be exact. Because of this large size, the preview is so small that I can't see the video playing in it. There seems to be now way to re-size the output monitor in relation to preview monitor. Sure I can move the layers up but that mostly makes the output monitor bigger and does little to improve my preview monitor. This issues is worse when my main screen is only 1024x768.

I could live without seeing the preview clips, however I am unable to look at the OSC or midi mapping parameters due to this issues. This makes mapping midi or osc nearly impossible without changing the comp size.

If future versions of resolume would allow resizing of both output and preview window that would be great.

Here is the project that uses that odd comp for those who are interested:
http://www.exquisite-corpse.com/how-it-work/

-Martin
Attachments
Preview Monitor - No video visible
Preview Monitor - No video visible
Preview Monitor - OSC mapping
Preview Monitor - OSC mapping
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

deepvisual

Re: Preview Monitor Glitch

Post by deepvisual »

I'd rotate the layers 90°, then rotate it back in advanced output

gradek

Post by gradek »

That is a good idea. That would be a good work around solution for now. I'm hoping that to it will be possible to re-size the output window independent of the preview window in future versions.
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

LXConcepts

Post by LXConcepts »

What about making the windows undockable in future releases? That way windows that aren't necessary can be closed and we could do a custom layout as well

Also I'd love to be able to put my preview on a second monitor
Lighting and media server design

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

I have the exact same issue. I run 6 layers on a less than HD 20" LCD. When I resize the panel for the clips/layers, only the preview window shrinks. It's increadibly annoying!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Resolume 5 will allow re-arranging the panel layout.

I think aliens must have kidnapped Bart and taken his place.