Arena Failed Me on Live for the first time.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Arena Failed Me on Live for the first time.

Post by pfelberg »

I decided not to upgrade to the latest release yet, waiting for some possible bugs and crashings that may allways happen. I´d rather stick with what I am used to, untill I hear no problems from the new release.
Well, perhaps I should have done so.
Yesterday evening Arena failed on me for the very first time during a live event.
I was running Arena 4.1.3 with a 1024x768 composition.
04 content layers, no effects at all.
Advanded output setting using 06 slices - none routed, meaning all for the entire composition.
After a few hours running smoothly, a regular fade transition and the interface freezes.
The Macbook Pro was still running fine. I could open and close new applications, but couldn´t acess any button on Arena´s interface. That Mac´s "colorfull spining wheel icon" was on Arena and never gone away. Arena got struck in some math and would´t get out of it. I waited for almost a minute and had no other option than force quit and restart it over. Of course, everybody in the show noticed. ; (
For the rest of the night and the show, no new crashes. JFYI.

Paulo

kmifflin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Arena Failed Me on Live for the first time.

Post by kmifflin »

I also lost control of my Arena interface once this week. Similar setup. 1280x720 3 layers Background, Live PIP and corner bug. I was running 4.1.4.

I was lucky though as Command Tab to another application and then command tab back saved my bacon.

dun_panic
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dun_panic »

every time my arena failed me, its all because of codec.. make sure to convert all the graphic to dxv files

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

I don´t use any other codec than DXV.

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

Pros use backups on a switch. Knock on wood, no crashes from Arena for me! I agree, codec plays an important part on your performance along with pixel space.