Resolume 2.41 - output problems (heeeelp!)

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
toby
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume 2.41 - output problems (heeeelp!)

Post by toby »

Hey everybody,

I tried to find the answer in this forum and in the whole www but unfortunatelly I didnt. :cry:

So here it is:

I downloaded the Resolume 2.41 Version and I am using it as a trial to figure out, if Resolume is that, what I need, because I am very new in this field. (yes, I know, 2.41 its not state of the art but I am happy with it).

I used it on my PC and beside some bugs it runs very well. Also to get the fullscreen on the secondary monitor/beamer was absolutely no problem.

Now I bought a brandnew laptop, corei5, 8gig RAM, win8 and AMD Radeon HD 7610M.

And now the Problem:

No Fullscreen-Ooutput at all on the second Screen. I tried it with a HDMI Screen and also with a VGA. I only got a white Screen on the Output-Monitor. :?: :?: :?:

I already searched in the forum here.There is a solution for NVIDIA-Cards but I dont have these settings with the AMD Radeon.

I am using 1024 x 768 files and so I do the settings in Resolume. When I am running it in the "windows"-output mode it works. But the "fullscreen"-output mode doesnt work. To run it in the windows-output-mode it needs a lot of capacity.

Pleeeease... does anyone has an idea????

I really would appreciate it! :)

thank you so much for any help,

toby

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Resolume 2.41 - output problems (heeeelp!)

Post by pfelberg »

If you don´t find any help here in the forums, please don´t get upset. We don´t mean to be rude.
The thing is that everyone else has moved on. Resolume 2.4 is in the past now.

It makes no sense keep trying to find a solution for a problem on 2.4 when the basic solution itself is to upgrade to a much, much better software as Avenue.

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by HerrNieDa »

which graphic driver do you use?
haven't started r2.4 on such a new ati machine...
direct x shouldn't be the problem...

but with your new machine i would suggest to use resolume 3/4... performance should be better ;)
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

toby

Post by toby »

pfelberg wrote:If you don´t find any help here in the forums, please don´t get upset. We don´t mean to be rude.
The thing is that everyone else has moved on. Resolume 2.4 is in the past now.

It makes no sense keep trying to find a solution for a problem on 2.4 when the basic solution itself is to upgrade to a much, much better software as Avenue.

Thank you very much for your answer. yes of course, I understand and totally agree with you, I should go for the newest version. The fact is: That I need a software only for one month (September). I should control videofiles in realtime. And for my the older Resolume seems to me very easy to learn in this Short time.

Ok, in order to buy a newer Version:

I dont need the maximum line-up. and so an older version would be fine, too. (Resolume 3).

I just downloaded the demo-version. How is the pricing for it? I just found the infos about the latest version. Or is there no difference?

Thank you so much for your advice!

Toby

toby

Post by toby »

HerrNieDa wrote:which graphic driver do you use?
haven't started r2.4 on such a new ati machine...
direct x shouldn't be the problem...

but with your new machine i would suggest to use resolume 3/4... performance should be better ;)
Hey! :)

Driver is Advanced Micro Devices Inc., 1.0.0.1 Version: 8.982.10.6000

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I dont need the maximum line-up. and so an older version would be fine, too. (Resolume 3).

I just downloaded the demo-version. How is the pricing for it?
We don't sell software that we don't actively develop (that would be a very strange way to conduct business), but if you send us a mail@resolume.com, we can perhaps work something out.

BTW, Res 3 and Res 4 work exactly the same way for basic clip triggering.