FreeFrame plug-ins missing in Resolume Avenue 4.1.6

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
TheGabor
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

FreeFrame plug-ins missing in Resolume Avenue 4.1.6

Post by TheGabor »

Hello,

I have a problem with my Resolume Avenue 4.1.6 Version on a Windows 7 Notebook. I´ve tried to install different FreeFrame plug-ins like sffreeframe 0.5 but I couldn´t find them in my effects list or source list.

What i did was:

1. Copying the sffreeframe .dll files into a new folder on my computer. I´ve added this folder in the the video preferences of Avenue and restartet Resolume. Like it is written in the manual. But no plug-ins were found.

2. After this I´ve tried to copy the .dll files into the standard plugins\vfx folder of Resolume. Restartet - No plug-ins were found.

3. Then I´ve deleted the Resolume folder in the "My Documents" folder, so that Resolume creates a new one with "factory settings" after restarting. No plug-ins were found. That was a solution that worked for someone here in the forum - but it didn´t worked for me :(

I´ve also tried other FreeFrame plug-ins, restartet my computer several time but I couldn´t solve this problem.

My computer is a Intel i7 Notebook with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M graphics card, 16GB Ram and Win7 Home 64Bit - in case that´s important to know. All drivers are updated!

Thanks in advance!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: FreeFrame plug-ins missing in Resolume Avenue 4.1.6

Post by Joris »

Hmmmm. I vaguely recall those plugins being problematic on Windows, but I can't seem to find where I read that.

Did you contact the developer?

TheGabor
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by TheGabor »

No, I haven´t contacted the manufacturer. That´s something I will do.

I the meantime, some freeframe plug-ins worked. It was FrMultiStrobe & FrParameters. But these are causing problems. Sometimes Resolume freezes and I have to restart it. And always when play a clip which uses FrParameters, all clips in my composisitions which uses the LineScape source plugin don´t work anymore. When I restart resolume, al LineScape work again till I switch on the FrParameters.

I have kicked out all FreeFrame plug-ins now because I need a system that runs stable without bugs. But at the moment I´m kind of frustrated because there is no chance to built up a generative content composition on my computer - only with Flash.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We can only assure that all plugins that ship with Resolume are compatible with each other. If you have problems with a particular 3rd party plugin, you will have to get in contact with them.

BTW, have you seen this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10189

It's shows many, many, many generative visuals, created with only Resolume's own sources and effects.

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

Regarding troubles with Fr* plugins, can you please contact me directly at filmriss - AT- 1210visuals - DOT - net so we can sort things out and fix the plugin if needed.