Audio trigger -> next/random clip

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Gadg3ts
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Audio trigger -> next/random clip

Post by Gadg3ts »

Hi,
I'm doing an installation soon with an artist friend and we were looking at making it somewhat interactive.
The idea being, that taking an audio trigger (which is actually her with a typewriter and a guitar pedal) and having that trigger "play next clip" or "play random clip from same layer" in Resolume (Arena).
Has anyone done anything like this before? and/or could you suggest anything that could do this.
I've got Live9/Max4Live installed as well if that helps any.
It's a little different from what I normally do!
We were also considering doing some surface mapping from the clips/layers, depending upon how the environment works out - it's (to be) in a gallery space on the South Bank in London.

TIA,
Sean.
Desktop: 3.4Ghz Quad i7, Win10 Pro 16Gb RAM, NVGTX1080Ti + 3x24"
Laptop1: Sony Vaio F Series, Quad i7, 6Gb RAM. NVGT330m, Win10 Pro.
Laptop2: Sony Vaio Pro 11 Ultrabook, Win 10 Pro TP.
Livid OhmRGB & slim, TripleHead2Go D.E. & other stuff.

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Audio trigger -> next/random clip

Post by gpvillamil »

That sounds straightforward.

Specifically, what you want is that when she makes a sound, it will trigger a video clip, right?

You can definitely do this in Max/MSP, and I imagine it would be easy in Max4Live.

You'll want the bonk~ external for Max: http://crca.ucsd.edu/~tapel/software.html

That will take an incoming audio stream, look for percussive events, and output a message. You can use that to trigger a MIDI output, which Resolume can use.