Live Camera Dropped Frames

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
deadsound
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Live Camera Dropped Frames

Post by deadsound »

Hello,

Something I have Noticed on a few of my server builds is that a live Camera Shot will drop frames randomly....I have used both a decklink quad and a decklink pro from blackmagic. Seems to happen randomly, and with no loss of FPS. It seems to just drop every other frame as the live shot "stutterers" for only a second or two max.

Anyone else see this?

THX

WK

sleepytom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Live Camera Dropped Frames

Post by sleepytom »

Yes I've seen this.

Its least noticeable when running a fully matched system where all monitors / outputs are running at the same refresh rate as your cameras, but you still see the occasional stutter.

I feel this is the same issue as the stuttering clip playback, it seems that there is some fundamental issues with the resolume engine and its ability to smoothly process video. The FPS counter is not relevant really, it can sit there saying 50fps if it likes, but i can see the stutter / strobeing.

cheers
tom

deadsound

Post by deadsound »

I have yet to see the stuttering on playback, but I have heard about it. Very Noticeable on IMAG... I will playback some imag froma clip and see if it looks the same or has the same issues.. Stay Tuned.

THX

Kalevi
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Kalevi »

We have the same proble. Setup is:
- MBP retina ssd late 2012, latest Arena installed, osx 10.8.5
- BMD Ultrastudio mini recorder thunderbolt,
- camera or vision mixer panasonic broadcast 1080 50i or 720p, hd-sdi or hdmi makes no difference
- external monitor (MBP hdmi out) is set 1080 50i if camera input is 1080 50i, 720 50p if camera input is 720 50p
Lot of stuttering comes and goes, we can not use Arena with livecam at the moment.

We do IMAG, led screens on festivals, projections, corporate.

deadsound

Post by deadsound »

Not to Kick the Bee hive, but I would love some progress on this. I think Tom's right on... Hippo, Arkos and Pandora all have no dropped Frames. Even on Home Brewed Systems.. Vmix Drops no Frames either..

I have no Dropped frames If I use a fddshow encoder and bring it in like Mac Syphon. But Latency becomes an issue...There needs to be some sort of Genlock... even if it Costs 1 frame of Latency, it would be well worth it. and it would Open up new doors for Resolumes' use..

Thanks to anyone who's Listening!!

WK