ENTTEC DMX USB PRO NOT BEING RECOGNIZED

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
manmachinemusic
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

ENTTEC DMX USB PRO NOT BEING RECOGNIZED

Post by manmachinemusic »

Could someone tell me why the ARENA 4.1.7 is giving the Unavailable status for Enttec Usb Pro? This is not
the case for Version 4.1.6. It works fine in that one.

Macbook pro osx 10.7.5
Lion

kinksid

Re: ENTTEC DMX USB PRO NOT BEING RECOGNIZED

Post by kinksid »

manmachinemusic wrote:Could someone tell me why the ARENA 4.1.7 is giving the Unavailable status for Enttec Usb Pro? This is not
the case for Version 4.1.6. It works fine in that one.

Macbook pro osx 10.7.5
Lion
ive checked the 4.17feature....it fully support enttec MK2 so i ordered one but Pro ..but i think i may not support Pro anymore cause it was a early 2010 production.
your mac can regonize it? plugin or not?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

HAPPY CAPS LOCK DAY!

Resolume supports both the MK2 and the MK1 (what you refer to as Pro).

Starting on 4.1.7, we changed drivers for the Enttec devices, so you will need to install a new driver set: https://resolume.com/manual/en/r4/contr ... arena_only

SystemD
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by SystemD »

I have a show this weekend in which I used a light console to drive arena 4.1.6.
I do not want to use the 4.1.7 version because of the problem of memory leak.
Is that new driver compatible with the version 4.1.6 or do I keep the old drivers for Enttec (that worked perfectly)?
I can not test this configuration at the moment, because I will have access to the console only the day of the show... :roll:

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

On 4.1.6 you will need the older drivers.

SystemD
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by SystemD »

OK, thanks for the reply

Let's go for the show tomorrow !

manmachinemusic

Post by manmachinemusic »

Thanks for your reply. I will try the new drivers.
Ooops, by the way,excuse me CAPS. :shock:

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

Arena 4.1.7 can show your Enttec device as unavailable for two reasons:
-You've just connected the device to your machine and the driver isn't initialized yet. If this is the case just wait a few seconds and refresh the list.
-Or when the device is currently in use by some other program. In this case you will have to close the program currently using it and then refresh the list in Arena. On mac there's an issue if programs that are using the device don't gracefully close their interaction with the device (for example a crash). This will put the device's driver into a state so that it always reports the device as being in use. You'll have to detach the device and restart the machine to recover from this.

You could compare this Unavailable status with cases where 4.1.6 wouldn't show the device at all, you now just have some extra information, being that the device is detected by the machine, just not usable.

kinksid

Post by kinksid »

hi folks
I m using ENTTEC MK2
and what happen to me is
A :mac OX(4.1.7) show unavailable BUT Modul8 and Madmapper can recognize it
B ; win7 64 (4.1.6) whatever version of driver it cannot be recognized .laptop in Device Manager no Ports so i cant comfrim it whether be recognize or not.

thanks
Young

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

Hello Young,

Support for the Enttec USB PRO Mk2 was added in version 4.1.7, so that's why it cannot be recognized on your win7 machine. You'll either need to use a DMX USB PRO / ArtNet or update to 4.1.7.

As for the mac, can you verify that the DMX Pro Manager is able to receive input through the device? The manual (http://resolume.com/manual/en/r4/contro ... arena_only) contains a link to this application. Also make sure that there are no other applications using the device while you're refreshing the list in Arena.

Kind Regards,
Menno