Suggestion About deck list Horizontal scroll and blank space

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
VJsynC
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Suggestion About deck list Horizontal scroll and blank space

Post by VJsynC »

Hey guys, i have suggestions about the horizontal scroll, the horizontal deck list and blank space

Horizontal scroll:
when you have lots of video in one deck and lets say, you wanna trigger a video in column ex. 43 you have to scroll to that video, but when you change the deck and wanna trigger a video ex column 1, you have to scroll all the way back to the beginning.
suggestion: reset the horizontal scroll position when you change the deck.

Horizontal deck list:
As you can see in image bellow when you have lots of decks the software automatically starts to trunk the names, this causes a problem when you create new decks and wanna access to the content you can't even see where the content is because you cannot see the deck's full name like in picture bellow
Suggestion: decrease even more the font size

The black space:
As you can see in image bellow in the left arrow there is this black spot why, not use it for more space to fill with the horizontal deck list?
resolume.jpg

VJsynC

Re: Suggestion About deck list Horizontal scroll and blank s

Post by VJsynC »

Thaks for the reply, very helpful indeed!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I guess it's good we judge features on their actual usefulness and not on the character of the person requesting them.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

The scrolling is indeed annoying, we'll take a look at this for a future update.

Decreasing the font size is at best a temporary measure, we need a more permanent solution for people working with that many open decks.

For now we recommend closing decks to keep the workspace manageable. Closed decks do not disappear, and can be re-openend from the comp browser at any time.

VJsynC

Post by VJsynC »

Thanks for the reply goto,
i'v also thought about closing decks but it's also not a solution because when you close de decks, the alphabetical arrangement of the decks, or it's order by creation becames totally messed up, and... for example deck n.3 created specifically for that position in the deck list will appear let's say.. in the whole bottom, or in the beginning is totally random his position... so, not even that (at least for me and my students) is a solution :|

VJsynC

Post by VJsynC »

what about this? ok, it's temporary but would it be a best temporary solution...

Inside the white square you could squeeze there 3 lines, also with the size font reduced and removing the record button to other place, you would have 3 times de space, did you noticed how the blank space increases with more and more decks? that could be fixed to.
With all this fixes combined i'v made the math, and you could have there around 75 decks with their full names, that's a big increase.
resolume2.jpg
Whats your thoughts about this?

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Personally as a user I'd prefer they don't muck about with a UI for such a little fix. That fix may be or may not be some annoying coding. If its problematic it could bring up bugs. Something like that sounds more Resolume 5 to me if it takes some work.

I can see how it would be useful for sure. I'm not discounting the validity of the idea, I'd just prefer stability keep getting coding hours. If its two lines of code give er hell. But the idea of temporary solutions always makes me nervous for a product that should never crash during a show.

VJsynC

Post by VJsynC »

drazkers wrote:Personally as a user I'd prefer they don't muck about with a UI for such a little fix. That fix may be or may not be some annoying coding. If its problematic it could bring up bugs. Something like that sounds more Resolume 5 to me if it takes some work.

I can see how it would be useful for sure. I'm not discounting the validity of the idea, I'd just prefer stability keep getting coding hours. If its two lines of code give er hell. But the idea of temporary solutions always makes me nervous for a product that should never crash during a show.
Don't agree at all! since version 3 that this has been an issue, since the lunch of version 3 that people, like me, have been claiming for a better decks management: alphabetical order(or any other kind of arrangement selected by user) better way to rename them, better way to list them, better and fast way to change between then etc etc etc, with version 4 they did a few changes i recognize that, but still, the issue at its core wasn't been treated properly at it's core, so many updates, in V.3, a whole lot more in V.4 and still the situation persist, it's not fair! and for a whole bunch of people (like me) extremely annoying!

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

hmmm...sounds that you really should go out and try to find a company which is more focused on you...a bit more :roll:
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

VJsynC

Post by VJsynC »

cosmowe wrote:hmmm...sounds that you really should go out and try to find a company which is more focused on you...a bit more :roll:
Dude... if you only knew.... but that's ok, i understand that for an amateur use everything is fine!