clips with audio and smpte

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
4youreye
Is taking Resolume on a second date

clips with audio and smpte

Post by 4youreye »

hi mates, a happy new year and a loooot of license sell i wish to you 8-)

i would like to play a clip with audio synced to an external smpte, why is this only possible to select smpte for the transport when there´s no audio in a clip?

cheers

gery

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: clips with audio and smpte

Post by Joris »

Hi Gery, happy new year to you too!

No audio in SMPTE makes sense when you think about it. Although SMPTE is based on an audio signal, it only gives frame accurate position data (with a max of 1/30th of a second).

That's fine for video, but playing back audio at those intervals would be terribly choppy. We'd need to interpolate the SMPTE signal to get it up to 44.1 KhZ accuracy, and although that's on the to-do list, we've not gotten round to it.

deepvisual
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by deepvisual »

a work around would be to trigger rather than jam sync..

gabonacorp
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gabonacorp »

in osx use Qlab. it can send OSC messages to Resolume to start play the clip and the cues what you make in lab can be trigger by SMPTE or MIDI timecode.

Simple, clean and stable. I used this config three weeks ago in a 2 hours concert for 24k people in a huge arena, 7 outputs, 260 m2 LED wall and soft edged projectors, it worked like a charm.